If you are currently cleared to any of the National Security Vetting or security levels listed below, then you are a valuable asset to many government departments; the public sector and organisations contracted to supply services to these bodies.
- DV / Developed Vetting
- SC / Security Check
- CTC / Counter Terrorist Check
- EBS / Enhanced Baseline Standard
- BPSS/ Basic Personnel Security Standard
- NATO / NATO Clearance
- MPS Vetted / Metropolitan Police Vetted
- SIA / Security Industry Authority
- DBS / Disclosure Baring Service
Due to the nature of the work carried out by these departments and the sensitive information that is at hand, more and more government departments are looking for candidates to join their teams on projects where a level of Security Clearance / Security Vetting is mandatory.
The main role of government departments and their agencies is to implement government policy and advise ministers. They are staffed by politically impartial civil servants and generally receive their funding from money provided by Parliament.
They often work alongside local authorities, non-departmental public bodies, and other government-sponsored organisations that deliver public services. The Civil Service currently employs half a million people and is made up of 170 departments and agencies.
Government departments include:
- Cabinet Office
- Defence Estates
- Defence Science and Technology Laboratory (DSTL)
- Department of Environment Food and Rural affairs (DEFRA)
- Department of Health (DOH)
- Healthcare Commission
- Department of Trade and Industry (DTI)
- Department of Work and Pensions (DWP)
- Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO)
- Forensic Science Service (FSS)
- Government Communications Headquarters (GCHQ)
- HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC)
- HM Treasury
- Home Office
- Metropolitan Police Service (MPS)
- Ministry of Defence (MoD)
- Ministry of Justice (MoJ)
- National Audit Office (NAO)
- Olympic Delivery Authority (ODA) 2012
- Serious Fraud Office
- Serious Organised Crime Agency (SOCA)
- The Security Service (MI5)
- UK Border Agency
If you are already Security Cleared or are willing to undergo the relevant security clearance checks, please register your CV with SecurityClearedJobs.com today and your details will be made available to clients and recruitment companies who are actively seeking candidates for these vacancies.