Senior OBIA Implementation Engineer and Developer
- GardPass Consulting
- Remote working
- Daily rate is negotiable (outside IR35)
- Closing date
- 12 Apr 2023
- Clearance Level
- DV, SC, NATO
- Administration / Secretarial, Aerospace, Biotechnology, Central Government, Consultancy, Cyber Security, Defence, Digital Forensics, Engineering, Information Technology, Intelligence, Logistics, Nuclear, Policing, Public Sector, Scientific, Security, Space, Telecommunications, Counter Terrorism, Investigation, Surveillance, Marine
- Job Type
Location: Remote working
Clearance: SC Clearance or NATO Secret
• Minimum of 4 years current, detailed and relevant knowledge and experience with implementing, configuring and extending OBIA and using ODI, specifically related to one of more the Analytics packs as mentioned above.
• Specific experience with OBIA Version 11.1 (with ODI), OBIEE version 11g+, ODI 11g or 12c;
• Extensive practical experience in developing, configuring and/or customising the integration and ETL solutions as delivered by OBIA, and in the use of ODI;
• A minimum of 4 years current, detailed and relevant knowledge of and experience with Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS) release 12.1.nn and a good understanding of its data model, as this will be the main data source for OBIA;
• Experience in identifying and addressing data quality or setup/configuration issues at the data source (mainly Oracle EBS) that might arise during implementation;
• SQL and SQL*Plus knowledge;
• Familiarity with configuration management / versioning procedures and tools;
• Able to work under pressure, on own initiative and without constant supervision, to strict and tight deadlines;
• A good team player and a good communicator;
• English proficiency level: SLP 3333 according to STANAG 6001.
• Working knowledge of the Oracle Unified Method or the Oracle Application Implementation Methodology;
• Familiarity with Agile methods;
• Functional knowledge of Unix/Linux operating systems;
• Practical experience with Microsoft Power BI (desktop and server components);
• Willing to work flexible working hours.
Duties and Role:
Under the overall direction of the Service Owner / Project Manager, the incumbent will perform duties such as the following:
- Configuring and maintaining OBIA in respect to the following Oracle Analytics packs: Financial Analytics, Project Analytics, Procurement & Spend Analytics, Human Resources Analytics, Enterprise Asset Management Analytics and Supply Chain Analytics;
- Identifying, troubleshooting and proposing solutions for data or setup related issues at the source (mainly Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1.nn);
- Organising workshops and working with various stakeholders when necessary;
- Documenting work done; creating detailed installation, setup and configuration guides;
- Extending various COTS OBIA components (both in ODI & BI repository) in a supported and sustainable manner;
- Providing training sessions and/or handover to supporting staff and the power/key users;
- Creating the necessary training material;
- Being responsible for the assigned business applications and services;
- Providing 2nd and 3rd line support to the assigned business applications, by responding to service requests, investigating and resolving incidents and problems, communicating solutions or advices to customers and users on changes and improvements based on best business practices;
- Contributing to the gathering, analysis, setup, design and documentation of new requirements and change requests;
- Developing and reviewing documentation such as requirements definitions, functional and technical design documents, systems specifications or other deliverables;
- Providing time estimates for the development and implementation of new requirements;
- Ensures full lifecycle testing of requests for change before they are released to the user for user acceptance testing;
- Active contribution to relevant projects or service operation across Service Lines where integration is required;
- Providing briefings and presentations;
- Performing other duties as may be required
We constantly remind ourselves that people come first, so we have a commitment to providing an excellent personal service to our clients and candidates with the know-how to save you from wasted time and disappointment.
Our clients come from all commercial and industry sectors and, in particular, we have expertise in sourcing candidates in the land, marine, air, weapons, electronics, communications, avionics and cyber security domains.
GardPass Consulting bring a discerning approach to the resolution of both organisational recruitment requirements and individual career aspirations.
Mobilising and placing individuals and large teams on a global basis at speed in complex situations is one of our specialities. We offer a wealth of experience and expertise in supplying project personnel on a worldwide basis, backed-up by a huge network of qualified, experienced professionals (many of them security-cleared at various levels). Many of our candidates have worked with us on several projects – often for the same client, by request.
- +44 7939 073902
Pendragon House, 65 London Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert