Lead Solution Architect – HF Communications
- GardPass Consulting
- Hybrid with travel in the UK
- Rate is negotiable outside IR35
- Closing date
- 27 Mar 2023
- Clearance Level
- DV, SC
- Administration / Secretarial, Aerospace, Biotechnology, Central Government, Consultancy, Cyber Security, Defence, Digital Forensics, Engineering, Graduate, Human Resources, Information Technology, Insurance, Intelligence, Logistics, Management / Executive, Nuclear, Oil & Gas, Policing, Procurement, Public Sector, Scientific, Security, Space, Telecommunications, Counter Terrorism, Investigation, Training, Surveillance, Marine
- Job Type
Clearance level required: SC/DV, willing to undergo DV
Client main bases at Bristol and Plymouth, with UK sites also at Harrogate, Skelton and Corsham
What you will be doing:
• Accountable for the creation of compliant and cohesive solutions, system architectures and product design, working together with the System Engineering Manager, Chief Architect and Chief Engineer.
• Providing in-depth technical expertise and thought leadership, collaborating with other SMEs.
• Leading technical interactions with suppliers in conjunction with Supply Chain.
Contributing to technical interactions with the customer and Front-Line Commands.
• Leading Requirements management, justification, and decomposition.
• Managing interfaces and trade-offs between systems, sub systems and functions.
• Leading the development, building, testing and trialling of solutions.
• Overseeing the creation of high-quality design documentation.
• Contributing to the engineering governance for the programme, liaising with the Systems Engineering Manager and Chief Engineer
• Supporting in-service systems, troubleshooting technical faults.
• Participating in Validation, Verification, Test and Acceptance activities.
Who we’re looking for:
We’re looking for an individual who will bring big ideas and solve complex problems with simple and elegant solutions. If you can navigate change easily, are curious about what the future holds and always seek to learn new skills, you will thrive in this role.
• Pro-active Solution Designer with a significant communications engineering background.
• A proven track record of delivering complex communications system architectures.
• Engineering expertise across the engineering lifecycle V-Model or equivalent from initial concepts, requirements, design, implementation, integration, verification, validation, maintenance and supportability.
• Experience working collaboratively with the product and functional specialisms to deliver a cohesive solution for the customer.
We are looking for a highly effective Principal Engineer with experience in the following areas
• Demonstrable HF system and solution design and delivery experience
• Data and Audio switching, MOD JSP604, Security by Design, WAN/LAN, VMWare
• RF transmission & reception systems, antennas & RF distribution
• Software & Hardware integration experience
Would ideally have:
• Knowledge of UK MoD practices and ways of working
• Lifecycle engineering management experience
Skills and attributes
• Full lifecycle Systems Engineering / Systems Design expertise
• Leadership of engineering teams
• Creation of solutions and problem solving in accordance with customer requirements
• Able to adapt to a constantly changing environment.
• Team player but equally capable of working on their own.
• Great communication skills.
• Attention to detail.
• Management of self and workload to ensure on time delivery.
• Exercise care for own health and safety and that of others as defined by Health and Safety. legislation, adhere to endorsed Company policy, procedures and delegations (e.g. Health & Safety, Diversity & Inclusion, Performance & Development Reviews and Finance etc.)
• Conversant with Microsoft Office packages.
Education and qualifications
• Degree or equivalent in Telecommunications or Electronic Engineering. HNC/HND with equivalent, relevant experience is valued and welcomed
• Chartered Engineer or working towards
We constantly remind ourselves that people come first, so we have a commitment to providing an excellent personal service to our clients and candidates with the know-how to save you from wasted time and disappointment.
Our clients come from all commercial and industry sectors and, in particular, we have expertise in sourcing candidates in the land, marine, air, weapons, electronics, communications, avionics and cyber security domains.
GardPass Consulting bring a discerning approach to the resolution of both organisational recruitment requirements and individual career aspirations.
Mobilising and placing individuals and large teams on a global basis at speed in complex situations is one of our specialities. We offer a wealth of experience and expertise in supplying project personnel on a worldwide basis, backed-up by a huge network of qualified, experienced professionals (many of them security-cleared at various levels). Many of our candidates have worked with us on several projects – often for the same client, by request.
- +44 7939 073902
Pendragon House, 65 London Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert