- Basingstoke, UK
- Salary 19371.83 - 19371.83 SALARY
- Closing date
- 6 Mar 2023
- Clearance Level
- None / Undisclosed
- Administration / Secretarial, Aerospace, Banking, Biotechnology, Central Government, Construction
- Job Type
FTC - Maternity cover
Remote - ??19,371.83
As part of an effective recruitment checking process many organisations are required to complete database checks in particular criminal record checks on new and existing members of staff particularly for positions that involve regular contact with children and adults.
As a Criminality Specialist you will be required to administer a variation of screening checks through the Disclosure & Barring Service, Disclosure Scotland and a variety of other database checking services/agencies.
Clients will be looking for these checks to be completed as quickly as possible and it is a Criminality Specialist role to ensure that the organisations/applicant have provided all the necessary information to allow the checking service agencies to complete the check within the service level agreement. If the necessary information has not been received you would communicate with the client and/or the applicants via phone, email or letter in regard to queries or further information required for the completion of a disclosure.
What will you be doing?
- To support and consistently report on any reasonable requests from any CSME or Managers instructions
- To be client focused and build long term trusting relationships with all clients
- Check data from organisations and applicants to successfully vet the application forms
- Countersign and submit application forms to the relevant agencies ensuring appropriate payment has been made whilst checking your own work for completeness and accuracy
- Chase outstanding certificates with the appropriate agencies once exceeded the service level agreement
- Resolve queries and disputes with the relevant disclosure checking service agency
- Become a subject matter expert on our bespoke system and the best practice /code of practices that must be adhered to
- Ensure accuracy and quality of information to is uploaded to the system
What are we looking for?
- Customer service experience
- Experience with Microsoft applications
- Strong communication skills - written and verbal
- Ability to manage time and workload effectively
- Attention to detail
What's in it for you?
- A competitive basic salary
- 23 days' holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks' fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks...and plenty more
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle - from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
Security Watchdog is the industry leader and subject matter expert in all areas of international pre-employment screening and risk mitigation.
Our mission is to develop world-class risk mitigation partnerships with a global client portfolio, underpinned by 'delight through excellence' customer service principles. We have an unrivalled range of pre-employment screening solutions, offering background checks of every kind, in any combination for our clients in the UK and internationally.
What to do now
Choose ???Apply now??? to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you. If you have any questions you???d like to ask before applying, please contact Laura at Capita firstname.lastname@example.org
Capita Opportunity Statement
The parent company, Capita Plc*, are a leading UK provider of technology enabled business services. We???re supporting and improving the lives of millions of people every day and we can only do this with the right people in place, working towards a shared goal. We encourage an open, honest working environment where everyone can be true to themselves, and people are valued for their differences. We???re always challenging each other to learn and improve, because we know when we work together, we can deliver better outcomes. We work across such a huge range of businesses and sectors, that you???ll have the opportunity to grow and develop your career in any number of directions. You???ll also become part of a network of 63,000 experienced, innovative, and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we???ll provide the support you need to do deliver. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert