- GardPass Consulting
- Full time onsite in Cheltenham
- Rate outside IR35
- Closing date
- 23 Feb 2023
- Clearance Level
- DV, SC, CTC, BPSS, DBS, None / Undisclosed, NPPV
- Administration / Secretarial, Aerospace, Biotechnology, Central Government, Consultancy, Cyber Security, Defence, Digital Forensics, Engineering, Information Technology, Intelligence, Logistics, Nuclear, Policing, Public Sector, Scientific, Security, Space, Telecommunications, Counter Terrorism, Investigation, Surveillance, Marine
- Job Type
• Reporting directly to Engineering Director, and working across both brands, the Project Engineer is tasked with delivering development projects and driving innovative solutions.
• Project work spans from modern IT systems including network and end user devices, to UAV/Counter UAV technology and can also encompass tactical reconnaissance and breaching technology.
• The Project Engineer will engage directly with some of the world most innovative defence technologies.
• A strong engineering knowledge base is required combined with a desire to learn and broaden technical understanding of new technologies; self-motivation is imperative.
• Working to agreed customer specifications and pro-actively working with customers to develop specifications are both within the scope of the Project Engineers role.
• Good interpersonal skills are key for customer facing activities.
• Producing system, electrical and electronic solutions are the primary task within the role.
• The Project Engineer must have the ability to deliver strong technical solutions within a low volume, high specification engineering environment.
• A strong understanding of modern electrical and mechanical production methods, including their strengths, weaknesses and their cost drivers is required.
An energetic self-starting individual who can make a strong engineering contribution, someone who recognises quality and strives for it. The ability to work independently with minimal guidance is required in a small business. As is the ability to work respectfully within internal and external project teams across multiple levels of business. Strong written and verbal communication, complimented by an engineer’s eye for detail is vital.
• A desire and ability to work across a broad range of technologies.
• Knowledge and experience of developing top level system design across a variety of technologies.
• Knowledge and experience in the circuit design, PCB layout and firmware programming of electronics.
• Experience and understanding in the selection and procurement of electronics parts.
• Some experience of project managing the above is desirable.
• An understanding of modern IT systems.
• An understanding of Drone technology.
• Experience engineering for the military market.
• An appreciation for the design of electro-mechanical enclosures.
• An appreciation for enclosure design for rugged environments.
We constantly remind ourselves that people come first, so we have a commitment to providing an excellent personal service to our clients and candidates with the know-how to save you from wasted time and disappointment.
Our clients come from all commercial and industry sectors and, in particular, we have expertise in sourcing candidates in the land, marine, air, weapons, electronics, communications, avionics and cyber security domains.
GardPass Consulting bring a discerning approach to the resolution of both organisational recruitment requirements and individual career aspirations.
Mobilising and placing individuals and large teams on a global basis at speed in complex situations is one of our specialities. We offer a wealth of experience and expertise in supplying project personnel on a worldwide basis, backed-up by a huge network of qualified, experienced professionals (many of them security-cleared at various levels). Many of our candidates have worked with us on several projects – often for the same client, by request.
- +44 7939 073902
Pendragon House, 65 London Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert