- Bristol, Chippenham or Reading
- *Disclosed upon application*
- Closing date
- 15 Feb 2023
- Clearance Level
- DV, SC
- Administration / Secretarial, Aerospace, Banking, Biotechnology, Central Government, Construction, Consultancy, Cyber Security, Defence, Digital Forensics, Engineering, FMCG, Graduate, Human Resources, Information Technology, Insurance, Intelligence, Legal, Logistics, Management / Executive, Manufacturing, Nuclear, Oil & Gas, Policing, Procurement, Public Sector, Sales / Marketing, Scientific, Security, Space, Telecommunications, Counter Terrorism, Investigation, Training, Surveillance, Marine
- Job Type
You must hold a UK Passport and have Developed Vetting clearance for this role
Enterprise is the UK B2B division of BT Group, and we mean business for 1.2 million business and public sector customers. Our customers range from big household names and government departments, right through to small businesses and new start-ups. But regardless of size, we provide organisations with fixed voice, mobility, fibre connectivity, and IT services, as well as future facing innovations such as 5G, IoT and AI. Our BT Wholesale business, which is part of Enterprise, helps around 1,400 communication providers and other organisations to provide fixed or mobile phone services to their customers.
Shape Tomorrow - You innovate with some of the biggest names in tech and help critical public services to deliver for the nation. You use technology to drive positive change in society and are committed to sustainability and being kinder to our planet.
Get Rewarded - You have competitive pay frameworks, generous pension contributions and benefits you can tailor to your needs. You work in brand new, state of the art workplaces, designed to support our smart working philosophy of ‘3 together, 2 wherever’.
Be You - You support, respect, and appreciate each other and always put safety and well-being first. You bring your full self to work within an inclusive culture that recognises the importance of nurturing under-represented talent.
Grow - As part of BT Group you have the chance to take your career in lots of different directions. You have unlimited learning opportunities and access to talent programmes designed to help you to be your best.
As a lead consultant specialist in our Defence Solution Design Authority practice, you will be working as a trusted industry partner to our defence customer and cross-functionally supporting internal business units (Sales, Business, Technology, Security and Operations), key stakeholders and externally facing third party technology providers as part of and reporting into the practice manager.
Underpinned by using robust ICT framework architecture, security principles, methodologies, industry best practices, and customer compliance polices. As a solution architect you will be providing expert solution architecture expertise and ownership throughout all stages of the solutions design engagement life cycle.
You will be part of an industry leading Solution Design Authority team working closely with other architects, designers, technology experts, business managers and business analysts. Where you will bring your expertise and diverse experience to each challenge ensuring successful solution delivery across a vast variation in highly sensitive and unique opportunities and projects.
What you'll do
- Be an ambassador for our company, our customers, and our team
- Be the authoritative Solution Architect engaging with the customer, business stakeholders and key partners in providing end to end architecture governance, leadership and solution decision making aligned to the Solution
- Develop and own enterprise architecture artefacts, strategies and roadmaps from a business and technology perspective, including ‘as-is’, ‘to-be’ and transitional states addressing key stakeholder viewpoints and requirements.
- Provide subject matter expertise to business key stakeholders and units in providing consultative customer engagement, shaping, and qualifying complex service change, delivery, and resource profile requirements.
- Own and engage key stakeholders and business units in responding to complex in-contract customer Request for Information, Contract Change Notification, Solution Design Proposal and Winning New Business Bids throughout all stages of a solutions design engagement life cycle.
- Provide clear solution design requirements to internal business units, derived from the customer's vision.
- Provide solution architecture expertise to the Defence Assurance Board before integration of complex change to a domain or service(s).
- Establishing, qualifying, and documenting the solution's CAPEX/OPEX costs, dependencies, risks, impact, and mitigation for complex winning new business opportunities and/or existing services engagements.
- As the authoritative solution architect, act as overall solution escalation route for design/fault resolution through-out the solution design life cycle until accepted into service.
- Provide tier 4 solution architecture expertise to operational support teams for a specific domain or service(s).
- Provide solution overview and familiarisation to operational support teams.
- Identify advances in technology, emerging trends and advise on how this could impact the customer and organisation
What you'll bring
- Hold or being willing to undergo UKSV Developed Vetting clearance.
- Working knowledge and hands on experience of Information Communication
- Technology architecture disciplines in:
- Enterprise networks
- Enterprise network security and boundary protection
- Service provider networks
- Knowledge and experience of ICT vendor technologies, solutions, and products (Cisco, Juniper, Pal-alto, F5, Nokia).
- Knowledge and hands on experience of industry architecture methodologies & languages (TOGAF, ArchiMate, ITIL, BPMN).
- Comprehensive knowledge and hands on experience in responding to complex In-life change requests and bid proposals based on customer requirements.
- BCS Intermediate Certificate (Enterprise and Solutions Architecture), Business Analysis (AgileBA) or IT Professional
- Experienced in developing solution roadmaps and governance structures in line with customer requirements.
- Demonstrate proven commercial awareness to ensure a solution meets the customer requirements both technically and in cost.
- Experience of identifying and mitigate risks, and problem-solving in complex ICT enterprise architectures.
- Self-starter who can work independently with minimal support and guidance.
What you'll get
At BT, we entertain, educate, and empower millions of people every single day. We’re a brand built on connecting people – whether that’s friends, family, businesses, or communities. Working here, you’ll receive an attractive salary and a range of competitive benefits, but – more than that – you’ll be joining an ambitious organisation with a culture of togetherness, collaboration, and inclusivity, that takes a genuine and proactive interest in your progress and development. Benefits of working for BT include:
- Competitive salary and on-target bonus plan
- World-class training and development opportunities
- 25 days’ annual leave (not including bank holidays)
- Discounted broadband, mobile and TV packages
- Share option and pension scheme programmes
- Flexible benefits to fit around you
Due to the sensitive nature of this sector you may be requested to undergo DV (Developed Vetting) level Security Clearance (https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/united-kingdom-security-vetting-clearance-levels/national-security-vetting-clearance-levels) if there is a requirement. An allowance of £5k per annum may be payable monthly while you hold this DV and continue to work in a role that requires that level of security clearance. The terms of this allowance will be made available if you are successful in being recruited into this role.
National security vetting: clearance levels - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert