Security Operations & Engineering Lead
- glasgow, UK
- Closing date
- 12 Feb 2023
- Clearance Level
- None / Undisclosed
- Administration / Secretarial, Aerospace, Banking, Biotechnology, Central Government, Construction
- Job Type
Security Operations & Engineering Lead
The Security Operations and Engineering Lead is responsible for overseeing the institutions cyber security solutions and toolsets, enhancing the institution security posture through effective use of technology and business processes.
The postholder will be responsible for the selection and operations of security solutions and oversight & remediation of outputs such as vulnerability assessments, security alerts and audits.
This role will be responsible for the leadership of security operations and engineering, taking necessary actions and decisions regarding the management of security operations, referring matters of an exceptionally complex and sensitive nature to the Chief Information Security Officer.
What will you be doing?
- Develop and maintain the University's security designs and roadmaps and advise on the operational cyber risks while proposing mitigating actions plans and agreeing prioritisation with stakeholders
- Build and resource a security operations function for the university providing leadership and management to a team of security engineers.
- Operate technical security infrastructure (Vulnerability Management, End-point Recovery) and ensure control effectiveness. Collaborate with technology and business colleagues to embed these technologies throughout the organisation
- Take ownership of the security roadmaps and enhance overall security strategy; Assist with business case creation that realises the security strategy as well as recruiting new team members
- Proactively advocate for the Cyber Security team while engaging and building relationships with key stakeholders at all levels of the institution
- Monitor operational security readiness and react to emerging cyber threats convening incident teams as required
- Maintain effective relationships with suppliers, ensuring value for money and appropriate contractual arrangements, working with the University's procurement office and the IS/WCG Project Management Office.
- Collate, analyse and report key risk indicators to the Information Services management team and other governance forums as required, providing recommendations on strategic direction and prioritisations
What are we looking for?
?? Ability to demonstrate the necessary strategic competencies required to undertake the duties associated with this level of post, having acquired the necessary technical and professional knowledge OR Scottish Credit and Qualification Framework level 9, 10, 11 (Degree, Post Graduate Qualification, master's degree, or equivalent), including being professionally qualified in relevant discipline, with a broad range of professional leadership experience in strategically important specialist areas.
?? Deep knowledge of security technologies including Rapid7, Azure and security disciplines such as strategy & design, privileged & identity access management etc.
?? Ability to design and deploy security toolsets and integrate those into complex networks
and the Ability to assess priorities and manage own workload effectively
as well as Strong Interpersonal skills: with ability to communicate and liaise effectively with other technical specialists, business stakeholders and senior academics on complex problems and to provide clear and informative explanations.
?? Experience of designing and deploying security toolsets with emphasis on vulnerability management, SIEM and EDR solutions with a proven track record of pragmatically applying security technology to real world challenges.
What's in it for you?
?? Flexible working
?? Chance to recruit your own team
?? An excellent employment package with generous terms and conditions including 41 days of leave for full time staff, pension, benefits and discount packages.
?? A commitment to support your health and wellbeing .
The University of Glasgow is a public research university in Glasgow, Scotland. Founded by papal bull in 1451 [O.S. 1450], it is the fourth-oldest university in the English-speaking world and one of Scotland's four ancient universities. We believe that we can only reach our full potential through the talents of all. Equality, diversity and inclusion are at the heart of our values. Applications are particularly welcome from across our communities and in particular people from the Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) community, and other protected characteristics who are under-represented within the University. Read more on how the University promotes and embeds all aspects of equality and diversity within our community here.
What to do now
Choose ???Apply now??? to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you. If you have any questions you???d like to ask before applying, please contact ELLA AT CAPITA +44 (0) 7761554235
Capita Opportunity Statement
The parent company, Capita Plc*, are a leading UK provider of technology enabled business services. We???re supporting and improving the lives of millions of people every day and we can only do this with the right people in place, working towards a shared goal. We encourage an open, honest working environment where everyone can be true to themselves, and people are valued for their differences. We???re always challenging each other to learn and improve, because we know when we work together, we can deliver better outcomes. We work across such a huge range of businesses and sectors, that you???ll have the opportunity to grow and develop your career in any number of directions. You???ll also become part of a network of 63,000 experienced, innovative, and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we???ll provide the support you need to do deliver. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.Top of FormBottom of Form
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert