Voted by staff and customers as one of the best places to work in the UK and a Top 100 employer; our client is a global Tier 1 consultancy involved in leading cutting edge Public Sector and Government projects throughout the UK. We are looking for a Project Manager to join their successful, stable, and growing team. This can be working from home.
The Company considers employees as highly valued members of the business and offer an extensive benefits package plus fantastic progression opportunities for those wishing to move further in their career on a local, national, or global scale.
Project Manager – Disaster Recovery
Working from home with expensed travel approx. 2 days per week in London
£50-70K plus extensive benefits package
Due to the secure nature of this work all applicants will be required to gain UK Security Clearance to at least SC level. You must have been resident in the UK for at least the last 5 years and cannot have been outside the UK for more than 28 days on any one occasion within this time.
To be successful in this role:
You will be a confident Project Manager with demonstrable experience of delivering high profile Disaster Recovery projects in accordance with an agreed contract. Other requirements for this role include:
- Comprehensive understanding and experience of managing project finances
- Effectively management of the client relationship
- Leading a project team Technical awareness and management of technical projects
- Running a project using MS Project
- Must be comfortable in a working from home environment
Additional desirable (but not essential) requirements for this role include:
- Experience of leading, delivering and agreeing contract proposals with a client
- Experience of working with public sector/policing organisations
A Project Manager with Disaster Recovery experience is required to work with our clients Service Delivery Managers, Law Enforcement Technical Services Team, Infrastructure and Environments team to agree a scope of work for a DR exercise.
Working from home within a Central Government business unit, you will have the opportunity to play an important role, working on highly rewarding projects that help keep the UK’s public safe.
Job role and responsibilities:
The Project Manager will be responsible for scheduling in the Disaster Recovery exercise, taking into account non disruption requests, environments restrictions, planned application upgrades and planned environment upgrades to successfully test the ability for Product and services from a secondary site. Other responsibilities for this role include:
- Selection and application of appropriate delivery methodologies
- Developing and drafting Business Cases/Project Documentation
- Building project plans adhering to appropriate project principles to deliver stated objectives
- Tracking delivery of the project and reporting
- Identification of project risks/issues; manage mitigating actions, escalating as appropriate
- Providing key reports and supporting effective governance/decision making
- Ensuring effective change management processes are in place.
A career with our client also offers:
- A unique level of variety across different clients
- Interesting and challenging projects to stretch your skills
- Training and support specifically tailored to give you the right skills for your career/role – including accreditation
- Impactful work that makes a real difference in our communities
- A highly supportive tech community, with regular meetups, discussions and shared best practice
The company is highly regarded within the industry and is one of the largest and most successful independent technology & business services firms in the world.
Alongside a competitive salary, you will have access to an annual bonus plan and share scheme making you a member not just an employee. You will also have the option to benefit from private medical and dental insurance, flexible retirement options, childcare vouchers, and a cycle to work scheme. This can be working from home.
Diversity is actively encouraged, and inclusivity is a top priority, with support networks for Parents, Women, LGBT+, BAME, Neurodiversity and Disability.