Your Role and Responsibilities
As an Application Developer, you will lead IBM into the future by translating system requirements into the design and development of customized systems in an agile environment. The success of IBM is in your hands as you transform vital business needs into code and drive innovation. Your work will power IBM and its clients globally, collaborating and integrating code into enterprise systems. You will have access to the latest education, tools and technology, and a limitless career path with the world’s technology leader.
Your role will involve:
- Working within an agile development team to design, implement and sustain new and innovative software solutions to support our client mission. Ensuring that all software is fully tested, fully maintained, robust and fit for purpose. Managing the continuous integration pipeline for automated deployment. Developing alongside other developer colleagues; reviewing code, providing recommendations, and working off a backlog of JIRA Kanban tasks Understanding the ecosystem and evolving how it is maintained on our platform. Keeping abreast of the latest cloud technologies and sharing knowledge of tools and techniques with the wider team, both developers and non-developers. Working collaboratively within the team using Agile Ways of Working, using tools such as Slack, WebEx and Atlassian JIRA.
Are you an out-of-the-box and forward-thinker? At the IBM Client Innovation Centre we are always looking for Java superstars to work on multiple exciting projects, in a friendly and energetic working environment. If this is you, and you're eager to learn, whether you have 1 or 20 years of experience, we'd love to hear from you!
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Strong experience of Java (SE and EE standards), including frameworks such as Spring boot, JPA etc
- Strong understanding and experience of test driven development and building RESTful applications.
- General development with AWS platform to help with moving to ADC
- Experience of automated testing (JMeter, Cucumber)
- TDD & BDD
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- High level of proficiency working within a complex Scrum-based Agile development environment
- Containerisation - general container knowledge and experience
- An interest in or experience of DevOps
As an equal opportunities’ employer, we welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds. However, in order for you to be eligible for this role, all applicants must be a British national, and have been living in the UK continuously in the last 5 years, preferably 10 year.
Unfortunately, we do not offer visa sponsorship and have no future plans to do so.
About Business Unit
The Client Innovation Centre (CIC) is an innovative and exciting part of IBM. A fast-paced and dynamic business built to deliver high-value technical services to world renowned clients. All of our employees work in a consultancy environment on a variety of exciting projects across a range of sectors. Every project has its own unique working environment - this enables our employees to build their experience, skill-set and network.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world's most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it's time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It's time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
IBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.