BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
Our customer is a key Central Government organisation. That organisation is progressing on a very large transformation of their heavily data-driven operations. BAE Systems are the Delivery Partner for this transformation.
Monthly overnight travel to Exeter required.
The role being sought is that of Lead Systems Engineer for the transformation.
- The customer requires Systems Engineering support to:
- Help solidify programme scope
- Ensure coherent alignment with other programmes
- Establish a Target Operating Model
- Ensure delivery teams are setup, supported and coached for success
- Ensure 1st line assurance of design and delivery is adequate, appropriate, effective and efficient
- The Lead Systems Engineer is responsible for the coherence of the end-to-end solution and will therefore:
- Create and maintain the "All Views" diagram to explain the Programme's scope and composition
- Work with the Lead Business Architect to create the Target Operating Model (TOM) and then map the TOM to a) the Programme's outputs and b) the customer's capabilities
- Deliver b) through working with the Capability Delivery Assessment team to define the mapping between the Programme's outputs and the customer's capabilities. This will therefore define the contribution the Programme will make to realising the vision of Capability Owners and the associated benefits (through working with closely with the Benefits Manager)
- Work with the Enterprise Design Team to ensure that the Programme is aligned to the Enterprise's objectives
- Support the Enterprise Design Authority in enabling its 2nd line assurance of the Programme and its deliverables/outputs
- Advise the Programme on how to partition the work into coherent themes of work
- Ensure and assure that each theme of work is clear about its purpose, objectives, roadmap and definitions of done and overall place within the Programme
- Work closely with the Programme personnel, Business Change Management, Enterprise Design and the wider business to ensure that Ways of Working and Change Management are closely integrated. Ensure that change brought about by new ways of working are understood, accepted, implemented, adopted and embedded into the business in a coherent manner to realise planned benefits and outcomes
- The Lead Systems Engineer is responsible for the assurance of the themes from an engineering perspective. In particular, the Lead Systems Engineer will ensure:
- The delivery approach is appropriate and commensurate to/with the tasks/deliverables/outputs
- All engineering and change dimensions have been considered in the requirements
- Engineering risks have been identified and are suitably mitigated and managed
As necessary, the Lead Systems Engineer will also participate in Red Team reviews and remediation activities to ensure a theme or project remains on or returns to 'on track' status
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day.
By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we're working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
Division overview: Capabilities
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Capabilities is the engine that keeps the business moving forward. It is the largest area of Digital Intelligence, containing our Engineering, Consulting and Project Management teams that design and implement the defence solutions and digital transformation projects that make us a globally recognised brand in both the public and private sector.
As a member of the Capabilities team, you will be creating and managing the solutions that earn us our place in an ever changing digital world. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.