BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments. Cloud Architect
The main responsibilities of the Cloud Architect
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
- The Cloud Architect will be working client-side and is directly responsible to the Customer's Sub-Programme Manager;
- Developing cloud solution options and working with suppliers to ensure solutions fit within the wider Customer's architectures (on-prem and multi cloud).
- Representing the cloud elements of solutions relating to the Sub Programme, it's outputs or dependencies at design and assurance gates and with other projects and programmes - including preparation of materials and collation of input for presentation.
- Technically driving forward and delivering continuous improvement in the Customer's cloud architecture, that includes re-accreditation of platform shared services; improvement recommendations for capability gaps, developing recommendations in relation to sub-programme scope items and helping dependent projects define definitions of dependencies levied on the Sub-Programme.
- Technically driving forward and delivering Architecture enhancements, corrections and upgrades to existing cloud services by suppliers.
- Supporting technical compatibility and integration across multiple cloud projects and workstreams.
- Work with the Sub Programme Project Managers, Service Architects, Solution Architect, Information Assurance Consultant and Quality Manager and dependent stakeholders.
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day.
By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we're working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. Division overview: Capabilities
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Capabilities is the engine that keeps the business moving forward. It is the largest area of Digital Intelligence, containing our Engineering, Consulting and Project Management teams that design and implement the defence solutions and digital transformation projects that make us a globally recognised brand in both the public and private sector.
As a member of the Capabilities team, you will be creating and managing the solutions that earn us our place in an ever changing digital world. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.