Data Analyst – Inside IR35
Contract Term: 6 Months Possible Extension
Contracting Authority: The Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office
Location: London, Glasgow – Hybrid (or remote with occasional office attendance)
The Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO) and the Department for International Development (DfID) merged on 1 September 2020 to form the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO).
The FCDO pursues our national interests and projects the UK as a force for good in the world. We promote the interests of British citizens, safeguard the UK's security, defend our values, reduce poverty and tackle global challenges with our international partners.
As a Data Analyst your main responsibilities would be:
- Proposing / delivering solutions working with Commercial challenges, build a view of future needs and develop solutions
- Develop problem statements to evaluate user needs and propose potential solutions
- Analysis of Commercial products with a view to improve these, giving time back
- Listening to feedback from Commercial colleagues on what works, what could be better and where they need more support
- Working with users and our IT vendor on configuration of the e-procurement system
- Overseeing installation of configuration solutions, conducting relevant tests to ensure the system functions as expected
- Developing and maintaining Office 365 PowerApps and services to new technology and application
- Production of PowerBI offers to support decision making
- Delivery of standard reports and analysis including Freedom of Information requests and support to Ministerial demands
- Identifying and encouraging opportunities for cross government and cross department collaboration
You’ll have relevant experience in:
- Ability to communicate with various grades in a clear and precise manner
- A strong understanding of management information, databases and corporate systems would be advantageous
- Proven track record in working to deadlines and the ability to adapt and change to moving targets
- Experience of successfully influencing internally and externally. Proven track record in accurately assessing data and delivering a high-level
- Programme, project planning and change management experience.
- Knowledge of procurement processes would be advantageous
Active SC Clearance
If this Data Analyst role sounds like something that you would be interested in, please click the link to apply and get in touch
In applying for this role, you acknowledge the following: this role falls in scope of the Off Payroll Working in the Public Sector legislation. Any rates of payment quoted will reflect the gross rate per day for the assignment and will be subject to appropriate taxes and statutory costs. As such the payment to the intermediary and your income resulting from this contract will be different.
Please be aware that this role can only be worked within the UK and not Overseas.