Job Title: Finance Business Partner
Location: Bristol, UK - Hybrid - working from home options available
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF 45501
Make your skills count
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Finance Business Partner at our Bristol site.
As an international defence company, we support and enhance our customers' defence and security capabilities and critical assets, meeting their requirements of value for money, increased availability, modernisation and flexibility.
The Finance Business Partner role is based within our Mission Systems business area.
Babcock is a trusted provider of integrated solutions for global defence and security. We have a wide portfolio of best-in-class intelligence surveillance and reconnaissance solutions, communications, and weapons launch and handling solutions across all domains, integrating the best of industry to meet our customers' needs.
The difference our new Finance Business Partner will make
As a Finance Business Partner you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. You will be helping to drive financial performance across a range of diverse contracts across the defence sector.
Day to day, you'll be helping to drive financial performance across a range of diverse contracts across the defence sector. Business partnering with the Project Managers to help drive financial performance across diverse contracts and projects.
At Babcock, we have a history of helping talent go far. With our track record of innovation, you'll continually develop your knowledge and expertise.
We offer flexible working to give people more options to better integrate their work and personal life, whilst ensuring that business needs are met. This role provides hybrid working arrangements with days in the office as required.
• Being responsible for the production of financial information for 12 month rolling forecasting, budget and performance information for the contracts in their portfolio.
• Producing meaningful and accurate financial reports for the head of finance that shows contract performance with variances from budget, previous forecasts & estimates to complete clearly explained.
• Collaborating with project managers, assisting them with their understanding of financial issues so they are equipped to foresee financial risks before they arise and take pre-emptive mitigating action.
• To be the key financial contributor at the monthly PSR and Finance review meetings for their portfolio and be able to talk about the forecast, variances and margin. Submitting/producing contract invoices, in line with current procedures and compile cash forecasts in line with the company requirements.
• Producing reports that are required by the Finance Function and business streams.
• Qualified to CIMA or ACCA level or at the very end of obtaining their qualifications.
What we offer
Generous benefits including:
• Generous holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays
• Reservist in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave
• Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
• Our Big Benefit Platform allows you to make your money go further, with discounts from over 850 retailers.
• Employee Share Plan
• Professional memberships, personal development training an opportunities
• STEM ambassador training and volunteering opportunities
• Working from home and flexible work patterns
• Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental and financial wellbeing
• Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts and our Share Ownership Scheme
• Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to be at your best
For over 130 years, we have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal. Change begins with our people and our shared Principles: be curious; be courageous; own and deliver; think: outcomes; collaborate; and be kind. These values not only guide the way we work, but also our efforts to reach net-zero carbon. Yes, our ambitions are big, but together, we can achieve them.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant . If you are a reservist in the armed forces, we provide up to ten days special paid leave in support of your training commitments.
All applications should be made online. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing date: 08/12/2022
Job Segment: CSR, Management