- Return to unfinished application
Number of Posts
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL APPLICANTS
People & Development Branch
Sedgley Park Training Centre (Prestwich)
14.5 hours per week (2 days - Tuesday & Wednesday) Flexitime between 7.00am - 5.00pm
Part time (including job share)
£86,389 - £139,683 per annum (depending on experience)
Greater Manchester Police's (GMP) Occupational Health and Wellbeing Service (OHWS) is undergoing transformational change, including an expansion programme, to meet the future demands of a changing workforce.
As a result, we have several clinical and non-clinical positions available at our OHWS, based at the Sedgley Park Training Centre.
GMP is one of the biggest police forces in the UK, with approximately 12,000 officers and staff, working across the organisation, which means that working as part of the force's OHWS will provide individuals with a challenging and rewarding opportunity.
GMP are committed to ensure that the make-up of our workforce is reflective of the communities we serve, and we recognise that having a diverse workforce makes us more approachable and relevant to the public.
If successful, applicants will be joining the organisation at an exciting time with many changes taking place across the force.
Benefits of the role:
• Generous annual leave entitlement of 24 days, plus bank holidays, rising to 29 days after 5 years, and 32 after 10 years of service.
• A competitive salary
• Annual pay rise
• Generous Pension
• Maternity/paternity leave
• Healthcare and wellbeing support
• Opportunity to join GMP's Sports and Social Club which offers a range of sporting activities
• Emergency services blue light card discount
We have an opportunity for a part-time Occupational Health Physician to join the team, who will play a pivotal role in supporting the OHWS services ensuring first line managers and senior leaders receive accurate, comprehensive and timely advice in respect of officers and staff who are either absent through sickness or in a restricted duties role.
The post will be based within our OHWS Unit at Sedgley Park Training Centre, M25 0JT.
It is essential that the successful candidate is a Registered Medical Practitioner and has a medical qualification recognised by the BMA Occupational Health Committee (AFOM/MFOM) and hold a valid GMC registration.
You will be experienced in providing occupational health in public or private sectors and have a minimum of five years post registration experience.
This role requires you to be experienced in occupational medicine, offering advice on reasonable adjustments, rehabilitation and Ill health retirement. You will be expected to have knowledge of medico-legal issues and the ability to display strong interpersonal skills including motivational, negotiating, relationship building and influencing skills.
You must be willing to attend relevant training/qualification courses e.g. AFOM qualification and remain registered for practice and must therefore undertake continued professional development required for registration.
Key aspects of the role:
Deliver occupational medicine services, clinics and case work within agreed timescales/SLA.
• Work closely with other senior Occupational Health Specialists, Branch Heads and Senior Leaders to ensure a coordinated and consistent approach to maintaining and enhancing high professional and service delivery standards.
• Provide expert Occupational Health advice and guidance to support force objectives to improve the health and wellbeing of the workforce.