We live in a world driven by information, making it a valuable resource. Personal information not only has high value, but it also has a high impact.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Information Assurance Analyst at our site in Corsham to join the team but with scope in the role to take on other associated support tasks. Our team consists of a diverse mix of engineers, scientists and deep technical specialists. In joining us you will support one of largest and most complex programmes in defence. You will oversee challenges unique to this industry and will significantly impact project and programme success through your contribution.
When a business processes personal information, it has a legal obligation to make sure that information is protected. You will be responsible for providing assurance that the business understands and complies with these obligations and giving support on ensuring this. You will review the application of Information Assurance processes, procedures and regulations and carry out activities related to accreditation of systems. This post will also support the delivery and assurance of physical security.
As an Information Assurance Analyst, you will develop your skills and knowledge of Data Protection Law and Ministry of Defence (MOD) Data Protection policy, to effectively review the application of Data Protection processes, procedures, and regulations by the business and provide advice and guidance on how to assure and maintain compliance. This will include, guiding on the implementation of Data Protection by Design, assessing risks involved in personal data processing and supporting the resolution of Data Protection issues.
We strongly recommend tailoring your CV in line with our CV guidance before applying, with specific sections to highlight Key Achievements, Relevant Experience, and Applied Skills & Knowledge.
About the role
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Analyse, interpret and advise on system risks to system owners, senior risk owners and stakeholders Provide advice to staff on Information Assurance, Management, and security related topics Analyse new service requirements and advise on appropriate information assurance controls. Conduct system and hardware audits both onsite and at deployed locations. Produce detailed audit reports informing senior stakeholders of the risks held by the business. Analyse audit findings and conduct trend analysis and route cause analysis. Act as the Local Data Protection officer and scrutinise systems, polices and processes to ensure they align with the Data Protection Act and GDPR. Conduct Information Assurance analysis against business activities. Brief stakeholders, technical and non-technical colleagues of any findings and recommendations, ensuring their full understanding. Create and review documentation in support of Information Assurance and Information Management outputs.
Please note, for health & safety reasons the successful applicant must be physically capable of climbing multiple flights of stairs in the event of an emergency.
To be successful with your application, you'll need to show that you meet the following essential criteria:
- Experience of working in support of projects within a professional/IT delivery organisation. Understanding of Information Assurance techniques and methodologies and experience of working in a similar role Experience of conducting Data Protection Impact Assessments
It would also be great if you can demonstrate any of the following desirable criteria:
- Experience of cryptographic management Experience of auditing
In addition to the responsibilities above, the following technical competences and behaviours will be assessed at interview:
- Information Assurance Change & Transformation Seeing the big picture Communicating and influencing
We're pleased to offer a generous benefits package to support everything from your work-life balance to your bank balance, including:
- 25 days’ holiday a year, plus 1 day a year up to 30 days, 8 bank holidays and a day off for the King’s birthday A market-leading employer pension contribution of around 27 percent, an annual performance-based bonus, and recognition awards Flexible and hybrid working wherever possible, to support your work-life balance (though some attendance to the stated site is required) Access to specialist training and funded professional qualifications, with plenty of opportunities and support for progression A huge range of discounts including retail, sports, leisure, restaurants, gifts, days out, holidays, cinema, motoring, insurance, health care, gym memberships, and more Up to six days of paid leave a year for volunteering Enhanced maternity, adoption, and shared parental leave schemes, offering 100% pay for 26 weeks (after a qualifying period) We champion a diverse and inclusive environment, where everyone can be themselves and give their best. We believe that by harnessing the power of different ideas, experiences, and perspectives, we can achieve our ambitions, together. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please let us know.