Collaborating to create innovative solutions with customers to develop portfolio, programme, and project reporting to provide data insight for client delivery.
You might know us for the great work we do across our wide variety of projects. We're proud to say it's thanks to our people's diversity of thought, expertise, and knowledge. And when you join us, you'll be a part of this genuinely collaborative environment, where everyone's voice is valued and treated equally.
We value diversity and believe that everyone deserves to thrive, without exception. So, you'll be part of a culture that wants to see more women in senior roles. We have signed the MoD's "Women in Defence" and "Women in Aviation and Aerospace" charters. These pledges include providing opportunities for women to succeed at all levels. We're also committed to being a Military friendly employer and have been recognised with the Ministry of Defence's (MoD) Gold Employer Recognition Award.
Simply put, this a great place to be. So, when it comes to your life outside of work, ask us about our flexible and part time hours options and remote working policies for roles at all levels designed to help you get the most out of life.
Read more about how you can thrive with us.
Rise to the challenge.
Join us as a Senior PMO Reporting Analyst to deliver innovative reporting solutions to our clients to help them address complex and challenging problems, using data analysis and insights.
You'll be sharing your expertise and advice to help customers solve complex business problems at all levels of their governance stack. With a hands-on approach and experience of data analytics and reporting, you'll lead teams to deliver real solutions. You'll feel a great sense of pride supporting organisations across government, defence, national security, and critical national infrastructure to realise tangible benefits from transformational change programmes.
We are looking for energetic and enthusiastic team players who are passionate about data driven insights and solutions. Successful candidates will be engaging, approachable and collaborative, with strong communication and presentation skills, and innovative with the ability to motivate and develop others.
- Lead a team of Data / Reporting Analysts.
- Provide subject matter expertise and support to non-experts.
- Develop multi-faceted reports with recommendations to senior leadership.
- Develop, analyse, and review corporate datasets.
- Provide guidance and advice on data quality improvements.
- Present and share data insights and Management Information (MI) to clients when required.
What you can bring?
You will understand how to successfully design and implement a reporting function for a PMO across multiple sectors, as well as:
- PMO or project/programme delivery experience, with a deep understanding of the processes and controls and governance needed to ensure projects deliver successfully.
- Experience and track record in identifying, planning, implementing, and executing reporting solutions including design and selection of metrics and measures.
- Ability to work with technology colleagues to define the requirements for IT tools and data approaches to capture, automate, manipulate, store, visualise, and share data.
- Demonstrable understanding of data visualisation and analysis techniques.
- A working knowledge of Reporting tooling – Business Intelligence Analytics tools such as Power BI, and data warehouse solutions.
- A deep understanding of data structures commonly used in a PMO.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to explain complex issues to non-experts.
- Strong analytical and numeracy skills, with the ability to understand and present data in different formats.
- High standard of proficiency in oral and written communication.
- Focussed attention to quality and detail.
- Passion for continuous improvement and innovation.
- Experience of developing, supporting and mentoring team members.
Why work for Atkins?
People join us because they share a desire to be at the forefront of the ADS&T Business Unit and deliver outstanding projects. We empower our people to be the professional individuals they want to be, working on projects they feel proud of, making a difference to the world they live in and the legacy they leave behind.
We value diversity and believe that everyone deserves to thrive, without exception. We have signed the MoD's "Women in Defence" and "Women in Aviation and Aerospace" charters. These pledges include providing opportunities for women to succeed at all levels. We're also committed to being a Military friendly employer and have been recognised with the Ministry of Defence's (MoD) Gold Employer Recognition Award.
We develop individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We encourage participation in all forms of training and have an active programme of in-house as well as external training for all our staff.
Meeting your needs:
When you start with us, you'll enjoy "Total Reward", a package that can be tailored to your lifestyle, career and personal needs. From flexible holidays to life assurance, health & wellbeing benefits, and career planning for the senior stage of your career.
Making sure you're supported is important to us. So, if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let's talk about any adjustments you might need.
YourReward at SNC-Lavalin (snclavalin.com).
More about us:
Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a top global consultancy with over 80 years of design and engineering expertise. With us, you'll be surrounded by the skills, knowledge and support to help you succeed. Together, we can deliver projects which have a positive, sustainable impact on the world.
Atkins, ranked as one of LinkedIn’s Top 25 Companies, where UK professionals want to work and stay once they join. We're also a Silver Rating holder in the Aerospace & Defence sector, as per the Financial Times rating of the UK’s leading management consultants.
Check out some of our recent, most exciting projects.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.