Principal Software Developer – Corsham (SN13)
- Salary £48,000 to £58,000 DOE
- 25 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays
- Onsite working
We are beginning a technical refresh of a key piece of software and are in the process of putting together the team to do this work whilst maintaining the existing product and have the opportunity to welcome a proactive Principal Software Developer into the fold.
We’re expecting that you’ll be looking for a business where you will be respected as an expert in your field, where you can be recognised for all the effort you put into getting things done, and where you can see the difference you’re making.
Well look no further – we’ve been expecting you!
How your experience will be utilised
- Engineering software solutions - developing fully functioning primarily Windows based applications based on frameworks such as .Net and using languages including C# and Python.
- Producing rich front-end UI
- Understanding and contributing to formal system requirements
- Sponsoring use of enterprise patterns, practices & recognised methodologies
- Performing software design and implementation supported by unit testing
- Adhering to software engineering principles in support of the complete stack from User Interface through to database design
- Mentoring of others within the team
- Lead on aspects of the software development as needed
- Support to other MASS software work if required
The invaluable experience you’ll bring, to help us achieve more
We’re expecting that you’ve done this role before, so you’ll know how to do it whilst spinning multiple plates:
- You're an engineer at heart and enjoy the challenge of building complex software solutions
- You are comfortable leading others within this domain
- You want to work across a range of technical environments. Your priorities will be building systems and improving stability, security and efficiency
- You're keen to learn new technologies and languages
- You're comfortable operating in an Agile environment
- You have a good understanding of computing fundamentals (e.g. logic, data structures) along with strong software design skills, including OO, and knowledge of version control systems such as Git
- You must be eligible to work and live in the UK
- Due to the highly secure nature of the projects you’ll be working on, you must be willing to undergo and maintain appropriate UK government DV security clearance
Who are MASS?
We help our customers realise the value of their data. We’re an ambitious technology company with a strong history in defence and we specialise in working in highly secure environments (hence the Security requirements!).
MASS are an equal opportunities employer; we know that our people are smart, skilled and motivated and in return we provide a friendly workplace where everyone is valued and has the chance to make an impact.
Apply today to see how working for MASS could work for you!