Joining our team means you're helping to deliver our vision - keeping the world flying with one of over 73,000 Meggitt-equipped aircraft taking off every second of every day; protecting countless lives with our technology, keeping those who put their lives at risk safer and ensuring that the lights stay on for millions of people worldwide.
With over 160 years of history, innovation's at the heart of everything we do in our aerospace, defence and selected energy markets Our global approach to lean manufacturing is the driving force on our journey to operational excellence and our goal to provide the best technology, products and service to our Customers.
We'll help shape your career and provide you with the right learning, development and growth opportunities; we're working hard to create a High Performance Culture where we live our Values of Teamwork, Integrity and Excellence.
We are currently recruiting an exciting Manufacturing Engineer role to support our thermal systems division out of Ansty Park. The successful candidate will provide expertise towards developing and sustaining manufacturing processes & procedures whilst achieving business goals of OTD, quality and cost.
Job Core Responsibilities
- Utilise company process planning tools (CAPPS, SAP & Visual Factory) towards creation of manufacturing process planning. Manage production processing changes through utilization of the Manufacturing Change Process (PECR).
- Work collaboratively with Engineering, Quality and the manufacturing cells to resolve production problems, with minimum loss in production to include re-work process routes.
- Involvement with New Product Introduction projects to promote DFM disciplines, agree manufacturing methods for hardware and, where required, develop new manufacturing techniques for innovative product designs
- Utilise modern manufacturing tools including value stream mapping, CI, 5S, RCCA, lean manufacturing, plus the implementation/utilisation of TPM for improving process capability of machinery.
- Identify the most cost-effective methods of manufacture, thereby reducing costs, through investment in capital equipment and development of processes, both internally and with suppliers.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Background in Manufacturing Engineering
- Excellent knowledge of machining processes, ideally within an aerospace environment
- Good knowledge of 'visual factory'
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures
- Ability to interpret technical data & present in the specified formats for manufacturing
- Collaborative approach
- Good/Strong/Excellence verbal and written communication skills
- Presentation skills
- Ability to influence stakeholders
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, and ability to multi-task
What We Offer
Meggitt is proud to offer a competitive total rewards framework designed with our colleagues' health, wealth and well-being in mind to help our employees balance a successful career. Our competitive package will include:
- Flexible working policies and the ability to accrue time off in lieu or for some roles to earn overtime.
- Pension Scheme up to 10% company contribution
- Employee Assistance Program for Health & Wellbeing
- Employee Perkz - offering our employees discounts on a huge variety of goods and services
- Income Protection
- Employee Resource Groups
- Volunteering day off
Meggitt are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to developing an inclusive and diverse working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and beliefs define who we are as a business. We strongly believe that building a culture of respect and appreciation, will give everyone the opportunity to recognise their full potential.