W e are recruiting for a Digital Forensic Unit Investigator
for a two year, fixed term
, full time contract
role paying from £29,726.32 up to £30,614.33 per annum
, plus £3,957.00 Market Supplement per annum and £2,835.11 London Allowance per annum
with the British Transport Police (BTP) based in Ebury Bridge (Victoria).
BTP is the national police Force for the rail network throughout Great Britain, including London Underground, across which we ensure the safety and security of nearly 3 billion passenger journeys and over 100 million tons of freight every year. The world in which we work is fast-paced, operationally and commercially demanding, and constantly changing. As
a Digital Forensics Investigator
with BTP you will To provide effective forensic expertise that is professional, readily accessible and cost effective in order to support the investigative process from initial case acceptance to conclusion. To support all staff including investigating officers, Kiosk and Spektor practitioners through the seizure of digital media and mobile devices; the acquisition, ingress and analysis of data and the subsequent handling of the data.As a Digital Forensic Investigator
will be required to:
- Conduct digital forensic examinations within the confines of ISO 17025 / ISO 17020 and the Forensic Science Regulator's Codes of Practice, ensuring continuing compliance and competence.
- Ensure all digital forensic examinations are conducted in accordance with all extant relevant legislation.
- Conduct laboratory based, and onsite, acquisitions, extractions and analysis of mobile devices and digital media as required to support investigations.
- Evaluate and interpret the results of investigations and give evidence that is unbiased, accurate and based on established principles.
- Ensure integrity and continuity of items by correct exhibit handling, storage, documentation and updating of the case management system.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached job description. The successful Digital Forensic Investigator
will be required to evidence the following:
- Minimum GCSE A - C Maths and English
- Experience of working in a digital environment
- Attention to detail with a methodical approach to problem solving
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with persons at all levels of technical knowledge both within and outside the organization.
- An aptitude for and keenness to develop skills in the technical elements of mobile devices, computers and digital media
If you are interested in applying to this Digital Forensic Investigator
role then please do not delay as interviews will be held as soon as appropriate candidates are highlighted. In return for your experience, we can offer you:
- Salary of £29,726.32 up to £30,614.33 per annum, plus £3,957.00 Market Supplement per annum and £2,835.11 London Allowance per annum
- Yearly base salary increments
- Working from home allowance available to purchase suitable equipment for blended & home working
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Family friendly policies including up to 26 weeks paid maternity and adoption leave
- Bespoke benefits platform and access to Blue Light Card
- Development opportunities including fully funded apprenticeships
- Employee assistance programme and dedicated wellbeing hub
- Pension scheme
We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applicants from all sections of the community. In order to apply, you must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the previous 5 YEARS.
You will be asked these and other questions to determine your eligibility to work for British Transport Police when you start your application and you must answer honestly.Internal candidates must have completed their probation
for their current substantive posting. Internal candidates can only apply in tenure if Head of Department approval is emailed to the Recruitment.firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the vacancy closing. If this authorisation is not provided prior to the vacancy closing the candidate will fail the eligibility check.Candidates internal to BTP must confirm that they are not subject to formal action plans for sickness/complaints/discipline or poor performance, that all mandatory training courses have been attended and are in ticket/up to date, that a 'developing' rating, or above, was achieved on the last reporting year PDR. BTP has undertaken a review of Police Staff pensions and as a result of this the Police Staff pension will be changing. The current police staff pension is a Defined Benefit scheme which is administered by the Railways Pension scheme. The new pension scheme which is launching is a Defined Contribution scheme which is administered by Royal London. The new pension scheme is awaiting formal approval and an introductory date is not finalised. The earliest this will be is February 2023.
If you have any queries, please contact the recruitment team - email@example.com