Contract Term: 6 Months
Contracting Authority: MOD
Location: Hybrid and either 2/3 days per week in either Lichfield / Andover
Imagine having a talent that could benefit someone you’ve never met and solve problems you didn’t even know existed. Well, you do, and you can. And we’re here to help you do just that. At PSR we are the go-to place for talented contractors and temps for a rich variety of public sector roles.
The Ministry of Defence (MOD) is a central government department with a mission to protect our country and provide the ultimate guarantee of its security and independence, as well as helping to protect its values and interests abroad.
To do this we have an annual budget of almost £40 billion and a workforce comprising 193,000 people, almost 59,000 of whom are civilians. We currently manage more than £11 billion of spend every year.
Our work really matters; we offer engaging roles which have a direct impact on the quality of services we provide. We employ people in many different roles and in many locations across the UK and abroad. We have jobs in policy, finance, HR, IS/IT, commercial and project management and all the types of jobs you would expect to find in a government department, or indeed in the private sector. We also employ doctors, dentists, teachers, police, fire service, quantity surveyors, and engineers to name a few. There are many opportunities to develop and progress both within MOD and across the wider Civil Service, whether you’re a permanent appointee or an interim.
Due to the urgent need to fulfil this role, the successful candidate must have active SC Clearance
You will be required to provide details of your Security Clearance at the point of application for this role. You will need to provide details of the following:
- Who holds your SC Clearance?
- Clearance expiry date?
As a Commercial Officer - Inside IR35, your main responsibilities would be:
- Working within a Commercial team to deliver programme objectives.
- Develop successful working relationships with external Suppliers.
- Contribute to procurement and contract strategies.
- Compile and issue tenders. Administer contract amendments.
- Provide Commercial advice and guidance to the wider business.
- Ensure all procurement activities are within budget and undertaken in line with Government regulations and best practice.
- Support colleagues to achieve targets in relevant timescales
Daily duties would include:
Working within a team that manages 12 PFI contracts totaling £700m
- 6 for utilities
- 6 for builds estates (FM)
Contract Management duties
- Managing payment and change mechanisms regarding these contracts
- PFI exit and expiry work
- Reviewing and Reporting against PFI expiry
You’ll have relevant experience in:
- Contract Management experience
- Sourcing experience
If this Commercial Officer - Inside IR35 role sounds like something that you would be interested in, please click and apply
"In applying for this role, you acknowledge the following: this role falls in scope of the Off Payroll Working in the Public Sector legislation. Any rates of payment quoted will reflect the gross rate per day for the assignment and will be subject to appropriate taxes and statutory costs. As such the payment to the intermediary and your income resulting from this contract will be different."
Please be aware that this role can only be worked within the UK and not Overseas.