Joining our team means you're helping to deliver our vision - keeping the world flying with one of over 73,000 Meggitt-equipped aircraft taking off every second of every day; protecting countless lives with our technology, keeping those who put their lives at risk safer and ensuring that the lights stay on for millions of people worldwide.
With over 160 years of history, innovation's at the heart of everything we do in our aerospace, defence and selected energy markets Our global approach to lean manufacturing is the driving force on our journey to operational excellence and our goal to provide the best technology, products and service to our Customers.
We'll help shape your career and provide you with the right learning, development and growth opportunities; we're working hard to create a High Performance Culture where we live our Values of Teamwork, Integrity and Excellence.
We are currently recruiting a Head of Quality role for our state-of-the-art facility at Ansty Park. The successful candidate will lead the Quality department and will be responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining Meggitt's Quality system and functional compliance across design, manufacturing, aftermarket activities including supply chain and compliance to customer requirement.
Job Core Responsibilities
- Provide clear leadership and coaching to the quality team, collaborating as part of the Operational Leadership Team and business stakeholders to create, develop and deploy the Quality strategy for the site
- Integrates and develops processes that meet business needs across the organisation
- Lead initiatives that improve product & processes
- Provide an interface to external customers that supports their needs
- Development and implementation of short, medium and long term objectives with respect to product assurance and quality.
- Ultimately responsible for all product quality from the supply chain through to the delivered parts at the customer sites
- Management of all quality escalation to the Division quality leadership
- Provides leadership & direction for all quality interaction with customers, suppliers and statutory/regulatory authorities.
Skills. Knowledge and Abilities:
- Background in an aerospace manufacturing environment is essential
- Clear and demonstrated Leadership abilities including coaching and people development.
- Significant management experience of multi-discipline teams
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to lead and work with multi-functional teams including suppliers, to tight deadlines often under pressure.
- Good understanding of Manufacturing / Engineering Processes.
- Clear and demonstrated understanding of Airworthiness and Regulatory approvals and processes.
- Preferred formal continuous improvement qualification (Six Sigma Green or Black Belt)
- Demonstrated knowledge of DFMEA, PFMEA, MSA, SPC, PPAP, APQP, and 8D
- Able to apply regulatory and compliance requirements pragmatically into the site
- Track record of building and maintaining customer/ client relationships
What We Offer:
Meggitt is proud to offer a competitive total rewards framework designed with our colleagues' health, wealth and well-being in mind to help our employees balance a successful career. Our competitive package will include:
- Flexible working policies and the ability to accrue time off in lieu or for some roles to earn overtime.
- Pension Scheme up to 10% company contribution
- Employee Assistance Program for Health & Wellbeing
- Employee Perkz - offering our employees discounts on a huge variety of goods and services
- Income Protection
- Employee Resource Groups
- Volunteering day off
Meggitt are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to developing an inclusive and diverse working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and beliefs define who we are as a business. We strongly believe that building a culture of respect and appreciation, will give everyone the opportunity to recognise their full potential. #LI-SH1