Joining our team means you're helping to deliver our vision - keeping the world flying with one of over 73,000 Meggitt-equipped aircraft taking off every second of every day; protecting countless lives with our technology, keeping those who put their lives at risk safer and ensuring that the lights stay on for millions of people worldwide.
We'll help shape your career and provide you with the right learning, development and growth opportunities; we're working hard to create a High Performance Culture where we live our Values of Teamwork, Integrity and Excellence. Summary
As the Business Engagement Manager, you will play a critical role as the business relationship link between Group IT and the Division Leadership Team. You will work collaboratively to develop an Information Systems plan that is integrated with the overall Group IT Strategy, optimizing the value created by the investment in IT. You will also take responsibility for one of more Meggitt Divisions or Central Functions.
To be effective, you must develop a clear understanding of the business drivers for the Division, be proactive and anticipatory in their thinking and constantly strive to provide significant value to the Division through the smart adoption of solutions.
In return, we can provide you with a collaborative work environment where your progression and development are valued and a healthy work life balance is championed. Core Responsibilities
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Proactively serve as the primary IT point of contact to Division Leaders and Senior Leadership team members.
- Act as a "trusted advisor" and provide critical strategic guidance for key IT initiatives to the Division Leadership Team.
- Coach and encourage business colleagues about the potential business uses of particular technologies that unlock the information in systems or enhance business processes.
- Partner with Division Leaders and other key stakeholders to identify needs and opportunities to build competitive advantages and improve efficiency through the smart adoption of IT solutions.
- Work with the Group ITG Project Management Office on project delivery and Capability/Capacity planning.
- Ensure Business are prepared and equipped to accept projects / solutions into business.
- Provide guidance and support to Division Leaders and Site Leadership regarding ITG processes and proactively champion process improvement with a customer lens.
What We Offer
- Broad IT background and understanding of how emerging technologies can be applied.
- Ability to develop trust and influence at all levels to bridge between business & IT.
- Make clear connection between delivery of IT solutions and business outcomes.
- Ability to explain complex IT / technology topics in business terms, and understand value proposition and implications of different pricing models.
- Track record of successfully influencing others to get things done.
- Demonstrable ability to drive results in a collaborative way, understands that to succeed needs to work well with others and influence them to get the job done;
- Strong organisation, planning and budgeting skills with discipline to adhere to agreed plans & budgets.
- Ability and willingness to work flexibly with global colleagues in different time zones.
Meggitt is proud to offer a competitive total rewards framework designed with our colleagues' health, wealth and well-being in mind to help our employees balance a successful career. Our competitive package will include:
Please be aware that we may close this vacancy for applications if we receive a high volume of interest. We strongly advise you to submit your application as early as possible.
- Flexible working policies and the ability to accrue time off in lieu
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- On site restaurant offering subsidised food
- Pension Scheme up to 10% company contribution
- Employee Assistance Program for Health & Wellbeing
- Employee Perkz - offering our employees discounts on a huge variety of goods and services
- Income Protection
- Employee Resource Groups
- Volunteering day off
Meggitt are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to developing an inclusive and diverse working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and beliefs define who we are as a business. We strongly believe that building a culture of respect and appreciation, will give everyone the opportunity to recognise their full potential. #LI-IM1