Clearance for role: SC Clearance
As a result of some exciting programme wins, we currently have a permanent vacancy for an Infrastructure Architect to support the transition & in-service running (inc capability upgrades) of an IT application and infrastructure solution providing support to a critical operational end user.
The preferred candidate will demonstrate effective application of Infrastructure expertise and extensive knowledge across a variety of technologies such as AWS & Microsoft Azure Cloud Platforms, Microsoft Windows Server Environments, Virtualized Environments, Microsoft Stack Technologies, Networking Technologies and Data Storage Technologies.
The role will provide technical exposure variance across both outcomes based project activities and Operational (Business as Usual) support activities.
Your passions and experience will help you become a technical specialist and process owner with our Operations Support services including service improvement and add further value to our service offerings. You will be expected to contribute towards the creation and ongoing maintenance of technical documentation and provide material to support the Project work or the Operational Support service.
We are looking for someone with a passion for infrastructure, ideally from a Cloud background. You will be self-motivated and be able to work autonomously to achieve day to day objectives with significant results on project or operational deliverables. Whilst also owning a variety of activities ensuring compliance with project milestones and customer KPI’s and SLA’s. You must be an effective communicator, comfortable directly engaging with customers and colleagues. You must also demonstrate an analytical and systematic approach to technical challenges.
The successful individual will be responsible for:
• Provide data architecture skills and produce solution designs as part of the bid process
• Work with delivery teams to design and implement modern, scalable data products using a range of new and emerging technologies
• Lead on all infrastructure solution aspects including setting data standards and providing your deep technical expertise to the programme teams
• Utilise the concepts and principles of data modelling and produce relevant data models across multiple subject areas
• Collaborate with customers on all aspects of data management including the assurance and integration of infrastructure services to meet the needs of multiple lines of business
• Recognise and exploit business opportunity by leveraging infrastructure architecture and design best practice
• Communicate effectively across organisational, technical and political boundaries, understanding the context
WHO DO WE NEED?
• We are looking for someone with excellent organisation, communication and leadership skills who has:
• Have knowledge of cloud platforms such as AWS and Microsoft Azure;
• Have an understanding of DevOps source control (Git etc);
• Have an understanding of DevOps tooling including Terraform, Ansible & Jenkins;
• Have experience of containerisation concepts and tools such as Docker and Kubernetes (AKS);
• Have experience of technologies such as API Gateway, lambda functions, Cognito pools, Route 53;
• Have experience with Python, node.js or .netcore;
• Have good general knowledge of Networking Technologies including load balancing and firewalls;
• Have excellent knowledge of Windows Server Environments, including OS build, AD, DNS, DHCP and GP from design to implementation and support;
• Have good general knowledge of Microsoft Stack technologies such as MS SQL, MS System Centre, Office365, MS Exchange & CLI tooling such as PowerShell;
• Have excellent analysis and problem solving skills, taking ownership of complex incidents ensuring these are resolved to the satisfaction of the customer;
• Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills