The primary responsibility of a Technical Architect is to assist the delivery of a viable, secure network as described by the Principal Solutions Architect that meets the client requirements and is capable of being effectively managed in service.
The Technical Architect will be the owner of the networking design for the full lifecycle of a solution from feasibility to delivery. This will ensure the solution has continuity from an architectural and design perspective. The Technical Architect is to be responsible for driving the architectural direction of all tasks allocated to them by the Principal Solutions Architect / Solution Owner throughout the delivery lifecycle of the task.
• Responsible for the creation and implementation of end-to-end solution/technical design, ensuring alignment with the strategic technical architecture.
• Responsible for ensuring the solution/design process is adhered to during all phases of project delivery.
• Provide design and technical SME input to appropriate levels to supplement internal skills (e.g. when new technologies are being investigated).
• Provide an escalation point for networking design related issues within the project.
• Align standards, frameworks and security with overall business and technology strategy in the area of networking and network security.
• Identify and communicate Information Assurance risks.
• Design security elements to mitigate risks in liaison with Solution and Security architects.
• Create solutions that balance business requirements with information and cyber security requirements.
• Identify security design gaps in proposed network architectures and recommend changes or enhancements.
• Implementation of security architecture, demonstrating adherence with architectural and security principles, using references architectures and NCSC guidance.
• Authoring of Low-Level Design & Process documents as may be required.
• Mentoring of Junior Network engineers
1. Good knowledge of core Cisco Networking technologies covering switching, routing, Unified Communications, LAN / WAN capabilities, subnetting, VRF (and other routing encapsulations), GRE tunnels and securing Cisco networking devices.
2. Knowledge of Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems.
3. Firewall Configuration and Management.
4. Experience in the design of cross-domain solutions (CSD), including diodes, packet inspection and other similar technologies.
5. Experience of building automated deployment of network configurations.
1. IT Security Solutions (Policy Based, Physical, Environment Hardening & Software) & Provisioning and Implementation
2. Security monitoring platforms such as SEIM
3. Endpoint Management (Device Control, Data Protection, Application Control etc.)
4. Microsoft Infrastructure covering Windows Server 2016 / 2022 administration, Active Directory design , MECM / SCOM deployment
5. Experience of WAN technologies such as high-grade IP encryption devices
6. VMware-based virtual networking
7. Familiarity with MOD and their design guidance and policies to align delivery with MOD Joint Service Publications (JSP) 440, 604, including Joining Rules.