Management Information Analyst
The role holder will provide support to the Commercial Services Team in Generation Supply Chain by developing and running accurate and timely management information reports each month, as well as carrying out ad-hoc data analysis when required. The role holder will engage with stakeholders and participate in governance forums to familiarise themselves with the contract frameworks being reported on and proactively propose means of measuring, and therefore driving, performance. The reports produced will cover key performance indicators, metrics and commentary, and be circulated to stakeholders (in some cases up to executive team level). Success will require an enthusiastic, proactive and diligent individual who can: design meaningful reports; efficiently process and summarise data in a wide range of formats; draw out key conclusions and implications; communicate effectively and confidently; manage their time well, and; ensure accuracy of work (and understand its limitations/assumptions).
Nature and Scope
Commercial Services is responsible for managing several key professional services frameworks with a number of external supply partners. These include: the Technical Support Alliance (TSA) for engineering support, and the Project Management Resource (PMR) and Project Controls Resource (PCR) frameworks for provision of services to support investment project delivery. Total value of frameworks managed by the team exceeds ??100m per annum. Consequently, provision of accurate and conclusive management information is critical to support internal stakeholders as well as helping to manage our relationship with external providers. The aim is to drive value and sustainability of our contracting arrangements by measuring and promoting the right behaviours across the business and within our supply chain.
The role holder will report to one of the Contract Managers within the Commercial Team and will actively support them in measuring and managing the performance of the frameworks by the provision of targeted metrics as well as insights into what they are telling us. They will identify risks and opportunities for performance and develop a roadmap to support delivery of improved outcomes. Time will be divided between regular reporting and development work.
Manage time effectively to deliver regular reporting with insightful commentary, and other material required by Contract Managers ahead of monthly meetings, alongside emergent work and small projects.
Extract data from systems (cloud-based and network databases), process in spreadsheets and generate professional reporting that will then be reviewed by the Contract Manager of the relevant framework.
Developing new reports, involving: gathering requirements, report design, building, testing and putting into regular production.
Supporting the Contract Manager by highlighting key trends, conclusions and suggested prompts for action within the business.
Drive a move onto PowerBI self-serve reporting in Microsoft 365.
Participate in some governance meetings and forums to understand the key performance goals and work on developing ways of measuring performance and driving towards those goals. Share updates and insights on how performance can be improved in these areas.
Feed into contractual frameworks regarding performance indicators.
Communicate pro-actively with data providers (including points of contact within Supply Partner organisations) to ensure timely provision of inputs.
Pro-actively flag up issues and manage expectations if due dates are at risk.
Ensure accuracy by carrying out sense checks commensurate with the sensitivity or importance of information being presented.
Work in accordance with company policies and processes.
Provide occasional support to other contract administration activities.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications, Experience
- a numerate degree;
- advanced Excel skills (e.g. Power queries, Vlookup, pivot tables and data analysis tools);
- able to demonstrate competence across a variety of data analysis applications and an understanding of data structures
- a passion for storytelling with data ??? turning data into information that drives action;
- good at checking accuracy of work;
- professional and thorough approach;
- confident communicator with good stakeholder management skills, able to communicate clear messages from analytical data;
- creates open and honest relationships, to encourage the growth of trust and confidence to assist delivery of business goals.
- ability to challenge the way things are done - identify issues and develop solutions;
- delivery focus - ability to manage time and balance priorities to meet due dates;
- good academic record evidencing analysis and numeracy skills.
- Working with PowerBI to publish cloud-based reports
- experience working with SAP;
- aptitude in programming macros or creating Visual Basic applications;
- intermediate Access skills (including forms, queries and tables);
- Professional experience in a different analytical role.