Project Coordinator - Inside IR35
Contract Term: 11 Months
Contracting Authority: MOD – Land Force
Location: Hybrid – 4 days p/w on site in Andover.
Imagine having a talent that could benefit someone you’ve never met and solve problems you didn’t even know existed. Well, you do, and you can. And we’re here to help you do just that. At PSR we are the go-to place for talented contractors and temps for a rich variety of public sector roles.
ARIEL (Army Research, Innovation and Experimentation Laboratory) is a branch within Future Force Development (FFD), a 1* pillar in the Futures Directorate (D Futures). ARIEL’s purpose is to facilitate and enable innovation within the Army - the application of ideas to overcome challenges and exploit opportunities to deliver operational advantage. It is responsible for enabling and facilitating innovation wherever it occurs, challenging barriers to innovation delivery and developing best practice to make the Army an agile and adaptable force. ARIEL is also responsible for establishing the Army as an innovation partner of choice by developing relationships and engaging with the wider Defence innovation ecosystem, OGDs, academia and industry.
The purpose of this role is to support ARIEL and its innovation partners, specifically regarding enabling innovation activity to take place effectively within the Army.
As a Project Coordinator your main responsibilities will be:
- Providing support to ARIEL project delivery – liaising with project delivery teams in receipt of ARIEL funding to enable effective delivery & providing support / advice / guidance to optimise innovation outcomes.
- Acting as the ARIEL innovation lead for several projects within the portfolio – including contract administration for activities delivered by suppliers
- Supporting planning, scheduling activities within responsibilities – providing reporting to Project Controls team within ARIEL.
- Monitoring / reporting on the performance of the innovation projects –finance / budget / forecasting.
- Applying continuous improvement to the processes / business capabilities & other aspects of innovation delivery within Army & MoD.
You’ll have relevant experience in:
- Demonstrable project management experience. Knowledge of MoD acquisition processes – desirable.
- A relevant professional qualification – APM PMQ etc.
- MAPM professional qualification – desirable.
- Knowledge & experience of any science / technology discipline – highly desirable.
- SC Clearance is needed for this role; therefore, you must be eligible and willing to undergo checks.
If this Project Coordinator role sounds like something that you would be interested in, please click the link to apply and get in touch with one of our PSR team now.
"In applying for this role you acknowledge the following; this role falls in scope of the Off Payroll Working in the Public Sector legislation. Any rates of payment quoted will reflect the gross rate per day for the assignment, and will be subject to appropriate taxes and statutory costs. As such the payment to the intermediary and your income resulting from this contract will be different."
Please be aware that this role can only be worked within the UK and not Overseas.