External AdvertAppian Architect
Remote with UK Travel to Contract Sites
Full Time, Permanent
Up to £80,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
Here at Serco, we are seeking an experienced Appian Architect to be responsible for the solution design of existing committed services and new projects, encompassing both Appian and 3rd Party integrations. The successful candidate will deliver robust and scalable solutions that satisfies both business and technical requirements.
Working with development and technical colleagues, the Appian Architect will be responsible for defining and describing the software and SaaS architectures that underpin new solutions within the Appian product set and external technologies such as Azure and Del Boomi.
This role reports directly to the Appian Platform Lead. As part of this you'll:
What you'll need to do the role:
- Own and implement the design strategy of new solutions to support new business
- Provide detailed technical and low-level design input into new bids and product road maps
- Review and further developing the existing solutions, making use of new technologies and practises to ensure business satisfaction
- Be an active member of the Appian practise, working with the Appian development team to support the onward development of the applications
- Work with Senior Stakeholders throughout the business to champion the solution design
- Support the Application Low-Code platform lead with Wider programmes and strategies
- Expert knowledge in Appian / BPM technologies
- Experience with integration technologies such as Rest API and SOAP
- Knowledge of designing API based services
- Comprehensive understanding of producing HLD and LLD designs
- Excellent ability to build relationships and communicate well within a technical team
- Experience of working in a fast pace, dynamic and complex environment
Meaningful and vital work: In this position, your work is vital to the business, in terms of decisions and growth. You will gain a world of opportunity working for a globally operating business delivering essential services across 5 vital sectors, personal growth, achievement and development won't be hard to find. You'll also work with great people. You'll find yourself working in a highly motivated, supportive environment where no two days are the same, with experienced colleagues who strive for excellence.What we offer:
- Company Car
- Private medical insurance
- Flexible working considered
- Pension - 6%
- Childcare vouchers
- Bike4Work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Serco benefits and bonus package
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services. We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks - SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging. Apply
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when that happens we sometimes bring the closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
At Serco, we see people first and foremost for their performance and potential. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organisation that supports the needs of all. As such we will make reasonable adjustments at interview through to employment for our candidates and strongly encourage applications from a diverse candidate pool. We are open to discussions around flexibility and flexible working. We operate a hybrid work structure in many of our business areas. We are proudly Disability Confident Leader employers and holder of the Silver Inclusive Employer Standard. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
At Serco we support fair access to employment for those with unspent criminal convictions through the 'Ban the Box' pledge (some may be exempt due to the nature of the role and the security clearance required). Please contact our recruitment team directly on 0345 010 4000 to discuss.