Stevenage MBDA Missile Systems - Together. For the future of defence.
MBDA are looking for a Finance Officer to provide financial support to specific contracts within programmes finance. To be an integral part of the Programmes Finance Team providing Finance and Project Management with effective, timely and accurate financial information and support whilst acting as a key business partner within a designated project team.This role will allow you to demonstrate your ability to proactively manage aspects of project financial management and allow you to gain, or build on your experience of working in a world leading multi-national company.What are we looking for?
What's in it for you?
- AAT or equivalent qualification preferred but not essential
- Knowledge and experience of Finance IT tools: MS Excel (required) SAP R/3, SAP BW (desirable)
- Ability to build strong and productive working relationships within multi discipline and multi-national project and Finance teams, whilst maintaining independence and integrity is essential.
- Experience of working in a team spread across several locations and a willingness to travel occasionally is desirable.
- Desire and enthusiasm to learn and to develop skills and understanding of key project accounting topics:
- Revenue and margin trading under IFRS 15
- Estimate At Completions (long term contract management)
- Annual budgets and multi-year business planning
- Cash and FX management
- Exciting opportunity to add value in a challenging and constantly evolving area of the business.
- Be part of an inclusive and supportive programme team
- Excellent learning and development opportunities
- Longer term - lots of opportunity to move around the wider finance team into a variety of roles
Join a great team!
- Financial support of contracts including: revenue & margin trading, bi-annual Estimate at Completion preparation (including Risk and Ops management), intercompany trading, cash and FX management, customer reporting/interfacing.
- Support preparation of multi-year business plan and annual budget for relevant contracts.
- Prepare (as required) annual cost certificates and other MoD/TLEC financial requirements
- Support to wider finance team in contract closure, balance sheet maintenance and other ad hoc activities.
- Ensuring data integrity in financial tools.
The MBDA Programmes Finance Community is a well-integrated network always looking to work together and learn from each other's experiences. The community itself is dynamic, forward thinking and hard-working whilst always making sure there is time to build relationships within, and outside the immediate teams.
Additionally, this role offers the opportunity to work closely with all non-Finance members of the project management teams and, after an initial period of focussed support, the role allows the successful candidate to work independently.What to expect:
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances.