Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 12,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
The work is intricate mechanical & electrical assembly work, that requires a level of calibration and fitting. The person ideally will be competent in reading drawings, basic electrical understanding and working to build procedures and ideally possess skills around basic engineering competencies, basic soldering, fine assembly, calibration and test procedures.
- Performs a range of routine mechanical and/or electromechanical assembly of small parts or components in accordance with company instructions and procedures.
- To calibrate and conduct test routines at sub-assembly and GA levels.
- To carry out fault finding activities on electro/mechanical sub-assembly and GA.
- To carry out rework and modifications in accordance with relevant standards.
- To compile test reports, input data with regards to work into electronic database and compile other relevant documentation.
- To maintain input to business information systems as appropriate.
- Carry out "housekeeping" of own working area.
Skills, Knowledge & Attributes
Field of Study/Area of Experience (if more than 5 years experience required, provide overview in the experience comments to support objective justification) : 3-5 years of experience in a Similar role.
- Able to follow written repair, overhaul and general test procedures to determine the serviceability of any electro-mechanical product at Final Assembly and Sub-Assembly levels with the minimum of supervision & training.
- Diagnose, repair and overhaul mechanical instrumentation to component level using mechanical assembly first principles.
- Familiar with the use of a wide range of mechanical tools, test and measurement equipment.
- Able to read and interpret technical data including assembly diagrams, assembly drawings, basic wiring and circuit diagrams and technical publications.
- Ability to carry out survey and test then record findings on the FRACAS system history documentation.
- High Level of Manual Dexterity.
Meggitt (UK) Limited - Fareham