Joining our team means you're helping to deliver our vision - keeping the world flying with one of over 73,000 Meggitt-equipped aircraft taking off every second of every day; protecting countless lives with our technology, keeping those who put their lives at risk safer and ensuring that the lights stay on for millions of people worldwide.
We will help shape your career and provide you with the right learning, development and growth opportunities; we are working hard to create a High Performance Culture where we live our Values of Teamwork, Integrity and Excellence. Summary
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Facilities Resource Coordinator to join our team based in Stevenage. In this role, you will ensure procedure adherence from a Facilities Management & EHS perspective. The main responsibilities are to manage all contractors who will work onsite and coordinate all facilities activities. Core Responsibilities
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Plan and administer the maintenance and repair of facilities and systems in accordance with standard operating procedures, internal requirements, manufacturer's specifications and safety policies.
- Monitor and manage the improvements to operating utilities, equipment and practices.
- In conjunction with EHS, generate and continuously improve preventative maintenance strategies for all apparatus on site.
- Optimise productivity, by setting out a maintenance plan to achieve both statutory and PPM requirements for all assets on site.
- Ensure general compliance with relevant legislation, regulations and company requirements.
- Apply sound contractor management, following company processes with regards to obtaining RAMS for tasks and issuing of permit requirements where applicable.
- Maintaining of the facilities maintenance system across the site's functions.
- In conjunction with EHS, attempt to standardise (where applicable) the contractors engaged for services at the site.
- Recommend purchase of tools, equipment and supplies to improve processes and increase efficiency.
- Work with EHS to generate and maintain facilities budgets.
What We Offer
- Minimum 3 years of experience in supporting and coordinating Contractors in a Manufacturing FM environment is essential.
- A Technical/Engineering background especially electrical or mechanical is highly desirable.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Outstanding customer service orientation.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Track record of building and maintaining customer/client relationships.
- Ability to influence stakeholders.
- Well-organised, detail-oriented, and able to multitask.
- Ability to work independently and prioritise duties with minimal supervision, in order to meet deadlines.
- H&S knowledge/ IOSH certificate would be a significant advantage.
Meggitt is proud to offer a competitive total rewards framework designed with our colleagues' health, wealth and well-being in mind to help our employees balance a successful career. Our competitive offer package will include:
- Flexible working policies or the ability to accrue time off in lieu or for some roles to earn overtime.
- Early finish on a Friday.
- Pension Scheme up to 10% company contribution.
- Employee Assistance Program for Health & Wellbeing.
- Employee Perkz - offering our employees discounts on a huge variety of goods and services.
- Income Protection.
- Employee Resource Groups.
- Volunteering day off.
Meggitt are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to developing an inclusive and diverse working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and beliefs define who we are as a business. We strongly believe that building a culture of respect and appreciation, will give everyone the opportunity to recognise their full potential. #LI-IB1