Clearance for role: DV Clearance required
We are seeking an Incident Manager to develop, manage and oversee the day to day running of the Incident Management processes within the Service Operations department of a major new programme within the organisation. This is an opportunity to join our growing Defence Business area working with an exciting selection of customers in a role with real world impact.
You will be reporting directly to the Service Delivery Manager and offers the opportunity not only to undertake the role delivery but also to support ongoing improvement and process development within an ITIL v3 framework, really making and individual mark.
Your main responsibilities within this role will include:
· Effective implementation of the Incident Management process for the programme, reporting as required to sustain the operation and provide evidence of Service Levels.
· Providing Incident related information at governance meetings on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
· Planning and coordinating Incident Management related activities as required to enable monitoring and reporting.
· Acting as the main Point of contact for all Major Incidents.
· Working with the wider team to own, progress and close Incidents in a sustainable manner, including overview of longer term resolution work.
· Engage with the Problem Manager and Agile Change Team to provide guidance and requirements relating to any long term resolution work done outside of the core Resolver Groups.
· Monitor Incident rate, closures and resolutions to ensure that the Service Level Agreement are maintained.
· Identify, initiate, schedule and conduct Incident Reviews
· Ensure the closure and linked communication of all resolved and end-user confirmed Incident records
· Liaise and interact with other ITIL process managers to ensure processes are correctly aligned to provide the best possible service.
· Supporting the Continuous Improvement of the service including the development of the Incident Management process area.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
· Experience and a strong background in delivering ITIL (v3) Best Practice and experience in Service operations processes with particular focus on Incident Management.
· A knowledge and understanding of ITIL (v3) functions, principles and processes.
· Technical knowledge at a managerial level or experience of configuring automated tools for system monitoring and event notification e.g. OpManager, NetCool, SCOM etc.
· Knowledge of Active Directory and Group Policy Objects to define security requirements;
· Knowledge of VMware virtualisation.
· A good understanding of WINTEL in secure environments.
· Problem analysis and resolution in a secure environment;
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
· Willingness to work out of hours or support out of hours work being delivered by others on occasion.
· They need to be strongly IT literate (to understand the basis of the incident and who needs to be tasked to resolve, also to prioritise work if there are multiple situations simultaneously).
· They need to be a leader, and a follower and a people person – because they are co-ordinating a team under pressure and these are the skills which will get the job done!
· They need to be a good communicator – because they will be briefing the end user/customer, the team and management about what is going on (verbally and over IT)
· They need to understand, and be able to follow, correct Incident Management process because that’s how we ensure the resolution is put in place properly, that everyone knows what it is, lessons are captured, future work requirements recorded etc.
· They need to be intelligent / smart / etc enough to understand how the service and the incident impact the work of the customer: so sufficiently in the detail to control the incident and resolution but sufficiently strategic to understand priorities (although the SDM will help with the strategic bit).