Threat Vulnerability Analyst – RAF Waddington, Lincolnshire
- Salary £DOE per annum
- 25 days annual leave
- On-site working with International travel
An opportunity has opened up to work within the Air Platform Protection Test and Evaluation Squadron (APP TES) based at RAF Waddington. APP TES undertake Operational Test & Evaluation of Defensive Aids Suites on UK military aircraft, carry out Countermeasure Development, and provide advice to front-line users on the capabilities of UK military aircraft to counter Infra-Red (IR) and Radio Frequency (RF) surface-to-air and air-to-air threats.
How you’ll support us
APP TES requires an experienced scientist/engineer to provide specialist support and advice for these operationally critical and complex trials and countermeasure development. This post is within a long established and award-winning analyst team comprising eight MASS employees. This team is embedded within the wider APP TES, working alongside 20 Aircrew, Engineers and Technicians drawn from the Royal Air Force, British Army and Royal Navy.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop or further an in-depth knowledge of the capabilities of UK military aircraft Defensive Aid Suites and those of Surface-to-Air Missile (SAM) and Air-to-Air Missile (AAM) threat systems.
The successful candidate will deploy to UK and Overseas trials for periods of up to six weeks at a time, for a total of approximately 10 weeks/year. Overseas trials typically take place in the USA, Europe and Australia. In addition, there will be routine UK travel for typically 1-2 days at a time.
Due to the sensitive nature of the work, the successful applicant will be required to complete National Security Vetting to Developed Vetting (DV) level.
The invaluable experience you’ll bring, to help us achieve more
- 1st or Upper-2nd Class Honours Degree in: Physics, Mathematics, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or closely related subject.
- Ability to use and program in MATLAB, or equivalent analysis program.
- Ability to develop to an advanced MATLAB user for data analysis and system modelling.
- Able to analyse large and complex data sets from multiple sources for development and verification.
It would be great if you had the following skills/experience:
- Understanding of RF and IR theory within real-world applications.
- Knowledge and understanding of RF/IR threat systems.
- Knowledge and understanding of Aircraft Defensive Systems and RF and IR Expendables on UK platforms.
- An advanced MATLAB and SIMULINK user and programmer.
- MS Office advanced user for data analysis and presentations.
- Extensive experience in the use of modelling and simulation of complex control systems.
- Experience in working in the field of Air Platform Protection and/or Electronic Warfare.
Due to the highly-secure nature of the projects you will be involved with, you must be a UK National and be eligible to undergo and maintain UK government DV Security Clearance.
Who are MASS?
MASS is an independent, global technology company, trusted by highly-secure organisations to provide advanced, digital services that manage data and keep information safe. With our heritage in defence, we offer robust solutions to sectors where security expertise is essential. We work in partnership with customers, using skilled, technical experts. We think innovatively to provide tailored, agile and resilient solutions that secure advantage, so you’re ready for digital transformation.
MASS is an equal opportunities employer; we know that our people are smart, skilled and motivated and in return we provide a friendly workplace where everyone is valued and has the chance to make an impact.