We have a hybrid working approach which for most roles means a mix of office based and remote working
Working life doesn’t always have to be ‘nine to five’ and we support flexible working wherever possible. Please chat to our resourcing team about the flexibility we could offer for this role.
We are looking for people to join us in the role of screening decision officer. This is an important role, with significant individual responsibility for ensuring we make high quality decisions, which reflect our values and evidence our commitment to putting the people involved in our cases at the heart of our work in the fitness to practise directorate.
In this role, you will be individually responsible for making high volumes of critically important decisions in line with our screening guidance. You will decide whether a referral requires further investigation or whether on the basis of the information gathered in our screening process, it is appropriate for us to take no further action. You will have an important role to play in advising colleagues on the necessary enquiries we need to carry out in order to reach an informed and evidence based assessment in screening.
Skills and experience required
- Experience of managing a caseload
- Experience of working both in a team and independently to deliver against targets
- Experience of working to strict timescales
- Effective time management skills, with the ability to prioritise workloads and competing tasks.
- Experience of identifying and managing risk in your day to day work.
- Demonstrable experience of communicating by telephone, emails and letters.
- Experience of delivering exemplary customer care in a fast paced and challenging environment.
- Excellent IT skills, including; Outlook, Excel, Word and Adobe.
Please click on the apply button at the top or bottom of this advert, where you will be taken through our application process and asked to submit your experience in line with the criteria detailed in our person specification, the job description and advert.
Please note, we do not accept incomplete applications or CV’s as part of our application process.