Infrastructure Systems Engineer (Networks / Applications) is responsible for the evolution and integration of the hardware and software parts of communication systems to meet customer requirements for projects. Verifying and validating requirements throughout the lifecycle of the project, as part of on-going support to one of the UK's leading Aerospace & Defence companies.
- Networking knowledge to CCNA level
- Able to write and follow engineering processes
- Good Linux knowledge
- Troubleshooting skills
- Design Documentation writing skills
- Ability for analysis and synthesis
- Leadership and ability to work as a team
- Good working method and time management
- Autonomy, stringency, resourcefulness and flexibility
- Knowledge of system engineering processes
- Knowledge of modeling languages (e.g. UML/SysML ...)
As this work is in the Defence industry a full valid Security Clearance is a prerequisite for this work, as is being a UK national (dual nationalities are not able to apply for this role due to restrictions on the contract placed by the MoD).