Are you looking for a new opportunity as a Bid Manager to join a well-established Aerospace, Security and Defence (ADS) Team? This is a newly created role with the opportunity for development.
What you will be doing:
- As the majority of the bids you will be driving forward will be tech focused, we are looking for someone from a similar background who has delivered complex IT/Tech bids from cradle to grave.
- You will work toward fixed deadlines with teams from Sopra Steria, suppliers and sub-contractors on multiple projects and bids, across a varied range of clients and customers.
- You will be responsible for delivering bids, confidently, to multiple clients and external audiences, under pressure and to fixed deadlines.
- You will develop bid plans in liaison with the sales lead and solution owner and be responsible for managing them through to conclusion.
- You will develop bid budgets and be responsible for managing to the budget.
- You will write and edit/review customer proposal documents.
- You will matrix manage a team of subject matter experts, including technology, business process, commercial and legal experts and provide sales process advice & guidance when required.
What you’ll bring:
- Demonstrable Bid Management experience, working across all stages of the entire bid process with a successful record of accomplishment, winning bids in a competitive market.
- Has worked on complex bids for a technology organisation.
- Has undertaken Bid Management roles for opportunities in excess of £10m with team size in excess of 10.
- Highly competent in use of MS Office tools. Experienced user of project planning software e.g., MS Project.
- Demonstrate a sales orientation with an understanding of bid management best practice.
- Experience with bidding bespoke IT solutions, with an ability to think outside of the box.
- Experience of working with senior level management in a large corporate environment
It would be great if you had:
- Member of Bid Management professional body e.g., Association of Proposal Management Professionals (APMP).
- Experience of Shipley bid management best practice.
- Knowledge of the Public Sector market.
- Knowledge of working with Ministry of Defence (MOD)
- Experience of Government Frameworks (e.g., G-Cloud)
Employment Type – Full Time, Permanent
Location – Remote with occasional travel
Security Clearance Level – eligible for SC
Internal Recruiter – Lee Brown
Salary – up to £71k
Benefits - 25 days holiday with the option to purchase more, £5400 car allowance, 4x Life Assurance, Pension, Medical Insurance, 3% flex benefits fund
Although this role is advertised as full-time, we believe that flexibility at work can promote work/life balance, increase your motivation, reduce stress and improve performance and productivity. We support different ways of working and can offer a range of flexible working arrangements. So, if you’re interested and need to work flexibly, we encourage you to apply and talk to us about what might be possible.
Loved reading about this job and want to know more about our company?
Sopra Steria’s Aerospace, Defence and Security business designs, develops and deploys digital solutions to Central Government clients. The work we do makes a real difference to the client’s goal of National Security, and we operate in a unique and privileged environment. We are given time for professional development activities, and we coach and mentor our colleagues, sharing knowledge and learning from each other. We foster a culture in which employees feel valued and supported and have pride in their work for the customer, delivering outstanding rates of customer satisfaction in the UK’s most complex safety- and security-critical markets.
Our technical specialists deploy systems running many of the major operating systems such as Microsoft Windows, Mac OS, and multiple Linux distros. We also provide Messaging and Collaboration systems and support, Application packaging and deployment, along with supporting Infrastructure and Cloud services and support. Our time can be split between our services and project work, so we have the chance to be multi-disciplined and access to a range of technologies.