AWS DevOps Engineer - IBM CIC
Your Role and Responsibilities
You will work with various projects and clients, working towards client specifications. You will have a real passion for the philosophy of DevOps which they'll be able to use to their advantage and deliver value for our clients. Your role will involve designing and deploying solutions to the cloud which will allow: automatic provisioning and management of environments; the capability to continuously integrate; containerisation functionality and the automation of testing.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will lead IBM into the future by translating system requirements into the design and development of customized systems in an agile environment. The success of IBM is in your hands as you transform vital business needs into code and drive innovation. Your work will power IBM and its clients globally, collaborating and integrating code into enterprise systems. You will have access to the latest education, tools and technology, and a limitless career path with the world’s technology leader. Come to IBM and make a global impact!
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- "Infrastructure as Code" concept using tools such as Terraform, Puppet, Ansible, Chef
- Experience with AWS cloud platform
- Continuous Integration e.g. Jenkins, UrbanCode, SonarQube, Nexus
- Containerisation e.g. Docker, Kubernetes
- Source code management tools such as GitHub, BitBucket, RTC
- System administration of Linux or Windows
- Monitoring tools e.g. Nagios, Zabbix
- Automation Testing tools e.g. Selenium, JUnit
- Coding & shell scripts using languages such as Bash, Ruby, YAML
- Understanding of the Software Development Life cycle (preferably Agile)