Number of Posts
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL POLICE OFFICERS ONLY
City Of Manchester (North)
Shift Allowances/Enhancements/ Additional Info
Enhanced Vetting Required
DNA Elimination Required
The Chief Constable of Greater Manchester Police is looking to recruit a high performing, resilient Chief Superintendent, or suitably experienced Superintendent on promotion to Chief Superintendent, with a range of experience and expertise for the crucial role of Head of Professional Standards Branch.
Applications are invited from Greater Manchester Police officers and officers seeking transfer from their current force. About the role
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing the leadership and strategic direction of the branch, steering the drive to improve performance and deliver the best possible service to the public, internal and external stakeholders.
The successful candidate will hold the highest level of credibility and will:
• Be an inspiration leader with the ability to take command of a range of complex situations
• Have the ability to connect with officers, staff, and key stakeholders at all levels to ensure that investigations are carried out to the highest standard
• Be able to evidence knowledge of misconduct procedure
• Have knowledge of force policy and procedure in relation to major investigations
• Be truly committed and passionate about the service provided to the public of Greater Manchester Requirements
• Have achieved the rank of Chief Superintendent or be a suitably experienced Superintendent seeking promotion with the support of your line manager
• PIP 2 Accreditation
• Previous Professional Standards experience
• Pass the required vetting and medical checks prior to appointment Application Process
If you have the skills and experience required and are interesting in developing your career in a police force that is committed to recognising and valuing its workforce and providing high levels of job satisfaction, please click on 'Apply' below to provide your details. You must also complete the attached application form and return to email@example.com no later than 2359 hours 3rd July 2022.
Please note, applicants who are not successful in this selection process will not be eligible to apply for the next Superintendent to Chief Superintendent process scheduled in 2022.
Should you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact Workforce Development at firstname.lastname@example.org
Application forms must be returned to email@example.com by: Friday 3rd July 2022 at 2359 hours
Applicants will be invited to attend Force HQ for presentation and board (date to be confirmed).