Our client, a large government customer, are seeking a Cyber Solutions Architect to join their team. The role is based in Corsham with some working from home and travel to London. The role requires SC Clearance.
Requirements are scheduled to run until 31/03/2023 and offer a rate up to £525/day
IR35 STATUS: Inside IR35. Our client has indicated that they intend to operate the engagement as Inside IR35. Candidates would be required to operate through an umbrella company on this engagement. The rates above represent rate payable to the umbrella co.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: 30/06/2022 at 14:30
Overview of Role
There is a consultancy position available for a Cyber Solutions Architect to assist in the analysis of and response to Cyber Vulnerabilities.
The successful candidate will be required to engage with a wide range of stakeholders including senior staff, technical experts and representatives from across the business functions, such as Commercial. Therefore, you must be capable of confident, clear, and effective communication at all levels and with stakeholders with differing technical and programmatic backgrounds.
The role will be to engage with stakeholders to help analyse and visualise complex security problems, identify suitable solutions and then support their delivery. This role is pivotal to the reduction of cyber risk in a high-tempo and highly agile environment. You will need excellent analytical skills as evidenced by your career to date, as this will assist in the translation of challenging technical issues for stakeholders who may not be technical experts.
You will be required to liaise with other business functions in the development of business cases and supporting the procurement processes, therefore a foundation of financial and commercial awareness is beneficial.
- Clarify requirements with stakeholders.
- Support the identification of valid intervention ideas.
- Assess solution options, cognizant of metrics used for prioritisation and non-technical constraints, such as procurement strategies.
- Support the development of the specific procurement strategy for each intervention and define the preferred solution architecture.
- Support the technical aspects of the artefacts needed for procurement, such as Statements of Requirements, competition question sets, and Commitment Cases.
- Support engagement with suppliers as needed. This could include supporting stakeholder management and comms activity to elicit intervention ideas and promote project successes.
- Develop the technical aspects of more complex and involved interventions, for example by developing trial strategies and plans, and lead their delivery.
- The project responds to stakeholder needs from across the enterprise. Therefore, a breadth of knowledge is favoured over specialised, highly technical knowledge, however, the following are essential.
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills: capable of listening and questioning effectively to elicit requirements and brief information, both verbally and in writing, to a wide range of stakeholders across a range of technical and programmatic disciplines.
- Strong consultancy skills: able to assimilate information, build and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders to identify solutions, using influence to recommend actions and ensure coherence with broader architectures/systems.
- Knowledge of and experience of complex procurements within the constraints of industry procurement processes.
- Capable of working under minimal guidance or supervision.
- An appreciation of security and IT tooling.
- An appreciation of Networking, Software Applications, Storage, Cloud.
- Knowledge of and experience of options analysis from a technical perspective.
- Knowledge of and experience of end-to-end delivery of security.
- Knowledge of and experience of security designs, architecture patterns and principles.
- Knowledge of and experience of complex systems integration
- A broad knowledge of department capabilities and subordinate technical systems.
- A broad knowledge of Security Operations.
- Practical experience of Microsoft Security Portfolio.
- Commercial & industry knowledge.
- Ability to identify and quantify Cyber Security Risk.
- Experience of planning and delivery of Alpha and Beta trials.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK, this role will not offer Visa sponsorship. Tier 2 – General visas cannot be accepted.
Other Job Postings
Visit https://quast.workable.com for all current Quast recruitment job vacancies.