Joining our team means you're helping to deliver our vision - keeping the world flying with one of over 73,000 Meggitt-equipped aircraft taking off every second of every day; protecting countless lives with our technology, keeping those who put their lives at risk safer and ensuring that the lights stay on for millions of people worldwide.
With over 160 years of history, innovation's at the heart of everything we do in our aerospace, defence and selected energy markets Our global approach to lean manufacturing is the driving force on our journey to operational excellence and our goal to provide the best technology, products and service to our Customers.
We'll help shape your career and provide you with the right learning, development and growth opportunities; we're working hard to create a High Performance Culture where we live our Values of Teamwork, Integrity and Excellence
We're recruiting an exciting Product support Engineer for our Fareham facility. In this role you will provide Engineering support for data acquisition and recording products which form part of in-service aircraft flight-control systems.
You will be become familiar with the design of the products, resolve customer technical queries & resolve obsolescence issues.
The successful candidate will be from an Electronics background- we'd welcome ex service people with an Electronics background too, who are detailed in their approach & can provide support across our Engineering function. In return you will be working for a FTSE 100 Engineering business who promote a high performance culture.
- Analysis and diagnosis of technical issues on hardware & support wider Engineering team on these issues
- Review and update of technical design data packs to capture all date
- Prepare and attend design reviews, making changes as needed & providing up to date information
- Consistent Interaction with Production department to provide technical expertise as & when required
- Be the technical interface with our customers, troubleshooting issues when they arise
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Electronic Engineering qualification
- Working knowledge of analogue and digital electronics would be advantageous
- Experience of design for manufacture.
- Able to keep engineering documentation up to date and under configuration control.
- Eligible to work on NATO Restricted and ITAR projects, and to handle DFARS material.
- Familiar with the engineering development lifecycle and able to work at the later stages of the cycle i.e. in-service support of technology already in the field.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to prepare and present technical material to colleagues and customers.
What We Offer
Meggitt is proud to offer a competitive total rewards framework designed with our colleagues' health, wealth and well-being in mind to help our employees balance a successful career. Our competitive package will include:
- Flexible working policies and the ability to accrue time off in lieu or for some roles to earn overtime.
- Pension Scheme up to 10% company contribution
- Employee Assistance Program for Health & Wellbeing
- Employee Perkz - offering our employees discounts on a huge variety of goods and services
- Income Protection
- Employee Resource Groups
- Volunteering day off
Meggitt are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to developing an inclusive and diverse working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and beliefs define who we are as a business. We strongly believe that building a culture of respect and appreciation, will give everyone the opportunity to recognise their full potential.