Join us as a Project Manager with our client NTT
(London, Reading, Newbury, Slough - Full- 12 months to Permanent – Remote Working with Occasional travel to onsite
At Capita, we support clients across a range of sectors, including local Government, central Government, education, transport, health, life and pensions, insurance and other private sector organisations. We support with expertise applied by the talent across our business in combination with technology, insight and analytics to keep our clients ahead of change, sharper than competitors and more efficient than ever – and we always need new talent to help us achieve our goals.
The Role of a Project Manager
The role of the Project Manager is to lead/manage the project and the project team on a day-to-day basis. The Project Manager is responsible for driving and overseeing the delivery of the project to ensure that the objectives are clearly defined and achieved within the agreed time, cost and quality constraints. The Project Manager has a key role in project governance and working with stakeholders, to ensure the agreed project outputs are delivered to enable benefits to be realized.
Typical Role Responsibilities:
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Manage projects across various areas, including Web and App software development, Broadband, Middleware app deployment, and more.
Identify and manage key stakeholder relationships quickly and efficiently.
Ensure that the project(s) or initiative(s) produce the required deliverables to the agreed standard of quality and within the specified constraints of cost, risk and time.
Develop and gain the agreement of the project plan, then provides regular progress reports to key stakeholders, as well as provide all general project communications.
- Implement and maintain a consistent project management methodology, ensuring the project(s) conform(s) to the appropriate governance, including all project documentation.
Determine, procure and manage appropriate resources to deliver the project (functional or divisional team and a small number of third parties), as well as managing all aspects of risks, issues and contingency.
Create and lead the project to deliver the agreed outcomes within time, cost, and quality constraints.
Day to day management and leadership of the project and the project team.
Appropriate delivery methodologies. Manage effective transition between project phases.
Develop the budget and track delivery within budget.
Identify skill requirements; and deploy and develop resources.
Identify and monitor project risks and issues. Develop mitigating actions and escalate as appropriate.
Identify and work with related projects to manage interdependencies.
- Support effective governance and decision-making. Provide reporting and engage in mechanisms that hold you, as Project Manager, to account for delivery.
Engage with assurance reviews and support action on recommendations. Organise assurance processes such as gateway reviews, as required.
- Telecom / Telecommunication Sector experience
- Experienced Project Manager – IT / Software Development
Confident to work with ambiguity within the environment
Managing stakeholders, negotiation and conflict, with the ability to identify and escalate issues appropriately.
Identifying and tackling project risks and dealing with uncertainty, whilst being proactive and forward-looking.
- Extensive experience working across one or more of the following areas within the Telecoms industry: Web Software Development, App Software Development, BSS, Backend System Development, and Middleware App Deployment as a Project Manager will be beneficial.