We currently have a permanent vacancy for a Chief Engineer (CE) to provide technical leadership for programmes throughout the UK. Working within the Pre-Sales team, you will be responsible for producing high-quality, technical solutions and design proposals to deliver on the needs of both new and existing clients.
You will attend customer meetings to assess technical requirements and offer feasible technical solutions across both hardware and software. You will work with the customer to present design proposals, run demos, scope concepts and work collaboratively with bid sales, operational and resource teams to ensure successful delivery.
As Pre-sales CE you will also contribute to product development activities, keeping on top of market trends, technical developments and revolutionary offerings. We are looking for someone with a natural capability for translating technical solutions to non-technical teams and stakeholders and who has a successful track record delivering complex post-production and cloud solutions.
- The ability to communicate at all levels about high level architecture as well as the low level design layers.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with ability to interact at all levels from engineers to executives
- An ability to understand and translate customer needs and expectations
- Understanding of various system development methodologies
- Ability to lead, encourage and influence cross functional and multi-location teams
- Ability to define new strategies and processes, driving these through to their implementation
- Confidence to work independently and within a fast-paced team
- Experience of delivering solutions within the context of Service Orientated Architectures and associated service management solutions (people, process, governance & technology)
- Will have a high level of competency in the following areas:
- Delivering Engineering Solutions.
- Managing engineering processes.
- Delivering Quality.
- Engineering Planning.
- Managing Suppliers & Contractors.
- Cost Estimating.
- ITIL experience
- Cloud Micro-services
- Knowledge of defence, Home Office or Police programmes desirable, however experience of equivalent domains or systems suitable
- Experience of transitioning from legacy systems to new capabilities
- Experience of model based system engineering methodologies and outputs
- Experience decomposing system of systems architectures and specification of systems at multiple levels
- Experience of specifying systems/services from user perspective and ability to produce abstract views of detailed internal service design
- Experience in designing Cloud-based Platforms would be an advantage, including large scale system virtualisation and orchestration
- Experience of utilising DOORS (or similar requirements management tool) to manage requirements and Model Based Systems Engineering tools for managing user scenarios