We are Meggitt, we work closely with our customers, and we deliver technologically differentiated systems and products with high certification requirements in Aerospace, Defence and selected Energy markets. At Meggitt our key values are collaborating and building trusted global relationships through TEAMWORK, conducting ourselves with INTEGRITY, striving for operational EXCELLENCE. These core values allow us to become the great company we are today with over 10,000 employees across the globe.
To provide laboratory support to the manufacturing Modules. Prepare and test production test pieces and record results. Advice and selection of appropriate materials for obsolescence and new projects. Support manufacturing department through development stages of new projects, in-house problem solving and investigation of components returned from service due to faults.
Job Core Responsibilities
- To conduct all testing duties and set tasks in a timely and positive manner to support Laboratory in achieving defined targets & goals.
- To conduct testing of material test specimens following laboratory procedures and test methods.
- To conduct daily safety checks upon related laboratory equipment & plant and document results as necessary under Company policies.
- To use and maintain all Laboratory equipment cleanly and safely, working according to defined company procedures and policies (Quality and EH&S).
- To report and document test results in line with Laboratory practice.
- To immediately report any anomalies/test failures to seniors.
- To conduct and record daily checks of Laboratory test oven conditions.
- To conduct and record daily test area conditions (max/min temperature & humidity)
- Support 6S methodologies
- Assist/training within the sphere of knowledge and expertise to colleagues.
- To g enerate material batch test reports to all manufacturing modules as required. (Q.C. stamp required)
- Actively participate in team briefings/meetings and other C.I. activities.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities Education:
A Secondary Certificate/High School Diploma or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience will allow successful performance of job expectations. Certifications:
Vocational training, apprenticeships or the equivalent experience in a related field Years' Experience:
5 years or more of relevant experience Skills :
- Skilled in the use of test equipment, hand tools, power tools and electric soldering
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, engineering drawings, and sketches
- Able to solve complex problems in situations that are atypical or infrequently occurring based on existing precedents and procedures/scientific methods
- Practical oral and written communication skills and attention to detail
- Proficient Microsoft Windows software applications
Meggitt is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to developing an inclusive and diverse working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and beliefs define who we are as a business and that building a culture of respect and appreciation will give everyone the opportunity to recognise their full potential.