Joining our team means you're helping to deliver our vision - keeping the world flying with one of over 73,000 Meggitt-equipped aircraft taking off every second of every day; protecting countless lives with our technology, keeping those who put their lives at risk safer and ensuring that the lights stay on for millions of people worldwide.
We will help shape your career and provide you with the right learning, development and growth opportunities; we are working hard to create a High Performance Culture where we live our Values of Teamwork, Integrity and Excellence.
your extraordinary. Join us and be part of our diverse Meggitt team. Summary
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Manufacturing Engineer to join our team. You'll ensure that all manufacturing engineering activities are handled professionally and effectively in accordance with business processes and protocols.
Supporting a fast-paced value stream of bespoke hand fabricated polymer products through the entire product lifecycle, there will be an emphasis on process improvement and RFT. Core Responsibilities
The purpose of the Manufacturing Engineer is to ensure that all manufacturing engineering activities are handled professionally and effectively following business processes and protocols.
The Manufacturing Engineer will support the manufacturing engineering team during the site transformation project.
Key responsibilities will also include:
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Creation of concise work instructions for an end to end composite component manufacture (Laminating through to Assembly and Paint) to support a "Right first Time" philosophy.
- Continuous improvement activities using lean methodologies to evaluate existing manufacturing processes and workflows and identify improvements which reduce waste and "mistake proof" the process.
- Work with an ERP system to create and maintain BoMs and Routings.
- Comprehensive understanding of a range of problem solving techniques such as (but not limited to) 8D and 5 Whys.
- Identifying tooling requirements for moulding and assembly processes and the ability to accept and approve tooling for production use.
- PFMEA's and implementation of control plans across a range of different product lines.
To be successful in this role you'll have a proven track record of delivering projects to time, cost and quality within an aerospace/manufacturing environment. With your interpersonal skills, you'll have the ability to communicate across all levels and interface with cross-functional disciplines whilst having the ability to work under pressure while managing conflicting demands against tight deadlines.
You'll also need:
What We Offer
- Experience in project management in the field of composites in Aerospace, Automotive or Manufacturing (or similar) environments.
- Knowledge in working with polymer products.
- Ability to adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities.
- Demonstrated expertise with complex manufacturing engineering solutions.
- Thorough knowledge of manufacturing while analysing, evaluating and determining solutions to a variety of problems.
- Proficient with applying Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma or other Continuous Improvement tools.
- Ability to work independently and interface with cross-functional disciplines; using excellent interpersonal skills to drive tasks to completion.
- Self-motivated with problem solving and decision making skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to develop clear and detailed plans.
- Experience managing customers both technically and commercially to ensure costs, delivery and quality are clear at all times.
- Good awareness of best practice development processes, requirements and expectations.
Meggitt is proud to offer a competitive total rewards framework designed with our colleagues' health, wealth and well-being in mind to help our employees balance a successful career. Our competitive package will include:
- Early finish on Friday
- On site restaurant offering subsidised food
- Pension Scheme up to 10% company contribution
- Employee Assistance Program for Health & Wellbeing
- Employee Perkz - offering our employees discounts on a huge variety of goods and services
- Income Protection
- Employee Resource Groups
Meggitt is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to developing an inclusive and diverse working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and beliefs define who we are as a business and that building a culture of respect and appreciation will give everyone the opportunity to recognise their full potential. #LI-IB1