An Interim Defence Site Co-ordinating Installation Design Authority (SCIDA) Engineer -Remote Working, is required on a contract basis for up to 10 months.
Ideally you will be based in the North of England and Scotland, for this role.
It should be noted that successful applicants will be required to undertake regular travel throughout the UK including the occasional overnight stay away from home.
A full UK driving licence is therefore essential.
The Authority provide installation design compliance in line with legislation, policy and departmental guidance. These posts will directly enable delivery of BAU and operations by providing essential Defence Site Co-ordinating Installation Design Authority (SCIDA) assurance for projects and CIS installation activity throughout the estate.
It is essential that you have hands on SCIDA Engineering experience ( Not Project Management Overseeing-Management or work steam etc). You will be an Engineer with recent experience.
- To carry out inspections to ensure statutory compliance as laid out in JSP604, Leaflet 4800, create and maintain baseline documentation for sites and enable the Change Control process for ICT infrastructure change.
- An electrical/electronic or other associated engineering background or qualification and be able to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge and understanding of Defence Site Co-ordinating Installation Design Authority (SCIDA) delivery and the engineering standards by which the team maintains its legal compliance requirements.
- A full UK driving licence is therefore essential.
- Atkins SCIDA qualification or evidence of two years employment as a SCIDA within the last three years.
- Experience delivering ICT Systems into complex environments and with other teams (e.g. Networks).
- Knowledge of security architecture required in compartmented certified environments; including policies and constraints associated with ICT Systems and working knowledge and evidence of using JSP's 440 and 604.
- 5 years’ experience of working in an electrical/electronic technical role or a network engineering role.
- IET Electrical Wiring Regulations training
- Proven experience working in ICT Transition Planning and Support environments.
- Evidence of ability to develop/maintain plans for migration of ICT Systems and undertake formal quality reviews of technical/documentation.
- Experience of IT Service Management tooling Remedy.
- Security Clearance: SC CLEARANCE, DV PREFERED