Voted by staff and customers as one of the best places to work in the UK and a Top 100 employer; our client is a global Tier 1 consultancy involved in leading cutting-edge commercial projects to public service transformation throughout the UK. We are looking for an Infrastructure Design Architect to join their successful, stable, and growing team. This can be working from home.
The Company considers employees as highly valued members of the business and offer an extensive benefits package plus fantastic progression opportunities for those wishing to move further in their career on a local, national, or global scale.
Infrastructure Design Architect
Working from home with travel to client site or office 1-2 days per week
£60-70K plus extensive benefits package
Due to the secure nature of this work all applicants will be required to gain UK Security Clearance to at least SC level. You must have been resident in the UK for at least the last 5 years and cannot have been outside the UK for more than 28 days on any one occasion within this time.
To be successful in this role:
You will be an experienced infrastructure Design Architect with exposure to large transformation programmes and strong planning, communication, and presentation skills. You will have the capability to identify solutions, and proficiency in technology transformation projects with production of project proposals. Ideally you will have experience on working with legacy or early cloud and platforms (Linux/Windows), and other requirements for this role include:
- Broad knowledge of Infrastructure Architecture such as Cloud Provisioning, Servers (Linux and Wintel), backups, storage, networks
- Experience of a wide range of enterprise technologies
- The ability to create solutions for complex work requests
- Strong organisational skills; keep track of multiple, complex time-critical activities; attention to detail
- The ability to work effectively with remote and virtual teams
- The ability to work with technical and business stakeholders
- Comfortable in a working from home environment
The Infrastructure Design Architect role bridges the gap between the Solution Architect, development team, business team and project management. You will be working from home to define, validate and promote the right Infrastructure for a bid, deal or project. This role reports into the account CTO and the Delivery Director, with specific responsible for delivering Growth and Change activity on an Account.
Job role and responsibilities:
As an Infrastructure Design Architect, you will build logical models of networks, infrastructure components and interfaces, to contribute to the development of infrastructure architectures in specific business or functional areas. These models will reflect the Infrastructure Architecture views and can be mapped to the Solution Architecture. Responsibilities for this role include:
- Produce detailed component specifications and translates these into detailed designs for implementation using selected products
- Define, validate and promote the good infrastructure for a bid, a deal or a project (in a project scope / a dedicated scope within a programme) within our team and to the customer
- Assist in the preparation of technical plans, change governance and estimation from many sources to support the full project life-cycle
- Demonstrate broad knowledge within all areas of infrastructure but ideally with a focus on Azure and/or DevOps
- Act as the focus of an Infrastructure Team developing Infrastructure solutions, contributing general technical knowledge and experience
- Set and manage stakeholder expectations regarding infrastructure
- Assess current and emergent technology, giving advice on price and performance
- Develop relationships with infrastructure product vendors
- Align the technology with the business and customer goals, identifying benefits and risk mitigation approaches associated with the proposed solution
- Ensure infrastructure risks are managed, in particular non-functional requirements, including availability, scalability and performance
- Support formal and informal technical reviews to assure quality of the infrastructure solution design
- Own the list of infrastructure concerns, architectural decisions and contributes to the technical risk register
- Coordinate plans and actions with project manager to make best use of available resources, including specialists such as service architects
- Own collated infrastructure effort estimates and costs from teams, subcontractors and suppliers for one or more subsystems
- Support the development of team members by knowledge sharing and mentoring
The company is highly regarded within the industry and is one of the largest and most successful independent technology & business services firms in the world.
Alongside a competitive salary, you will have access to an annual bonus plan and share scheme making you a member not just an employee. You will also have the option to benefit from private medical and dental insurance, flexible retirement options, childcare vouchers and a cycle to work scheme. This role is also working from home.
Diversity is actively encouraged, and inclusivity is a top priority, with support networks for Parents, Women, LGBT+, BAME, Neurodiversity and Disability.