Voted by staff and customers as one of the best places to work in the UK and a Top 100 employer; our client is a global Tier 1 consultancy involved in leading cutting edge Public Sector and Government projects throughout the UK. We are looking for an Azure Consultant to join their successful, stable, and growing team. This can be working from home.
The Company considers employees as highly valued members of the business and offer an extensive benefits package plus fantastic progression opportunities for those wishing to move further in their career on a local, national, or global scale.
Working from home with expensed travel to client sites as required
£60-75K plus extensive benefits package
Due to the secure nature of this work all applicants will be required to gain UK Security Clearance to at least SC level. You must have been resident in the UK for at least the last 5 years and cannot have been outside the UK for more than 28 days on any one occasion within this time.
To be successful in this role:
You will be a confident Azure Consultant with experience of public cloud architectures and migration strategies. You will have a good understanding of the different factors which influence or inhibit Cloud adoption and will be able to guide clients to make the right choices. Other requirements for this role include:
- You must have a good knowledge of the Azure product lines as the backup, Azure AD, AAD Connect, Azure DevOps, applications, monitoring, SQL, storage, network, etc
- Demonstrable Azure experience required and at least 5 years working in an IT technical role
- Detailed understanding of Azure IaaS & PaaS capabilities, features and services and/or a detailed understanding of typical cloud-native architectures
- Experience of working in a DevOps environment, supporting developers CI/CD pipelines
- Experience of scripting languages and IaC tools such as Terraform, Ansible etc Experience of Azure management tools and services
- Awareness of different application architectures and how different cloud architectures may or may not support them
- You will be comfortable presenting solutions both in written documents and workshop situations, leading and facilitating discussions around public cloud solutions at a high level
- Excellent client and stakeholder management skills
- Need to know the best practices and be able to guide and/or design an Azure environment with an emphasis on the security
- Comfortable in a working from home environment
Other desirable (but not essential) skills and qualifications for this role include:
- Azure certifications highly desirable, but not essential where experience can be demonstrated
- Understanding of other public clouds such as AWS and GCP a bonus
- Understanding of hybrid cloud architectures/tools, such as Azure Stack, ARC a bonus
This role will may require frequent travel to other client sites and other company offices as necessary.
Our client is looking for an Azure Consultant delivering Cloud Advisory consulting services across multiple clients in the UK. This role can be working from home.
Job role and responsibilities:
Consultants deliver public cloud focused consulting services, providing a mix of design and hands-on implementation. Responsibilities for this role include:
- Contribute specialist Public Cloud and Infrastructure Architecture knowledge and experience
- Deliver client engagements, designing and building/implementing Cloud Architectures and migration projects
- Lead the design and/or deployment of cost effective Cloud solutions for either stand-alone engagements or as part of larger programme
- Work as part of an inhouse team, or embedded in a client team, transferring your knowledge to colleagues or clients as required
- Support the development of solutions for an opportunity, bid or project as required when not working on assignment
The company is highly regarded within the industry and is one of the largest and most successful independent technology & business services firms in the world.
Alongside a competitive salary, you will have access to an annual bonus plan and share scheme making you a member not just an employee. You will also have the option to benefit from private medical and dental insurance, flexible retirement options, childcare vouchers and a cycle to work scheme. This Azure Consultant role is also working from home.
Diversity is actively encouraged, and inclusivity is a top priority, with support networks for Parents, Women, LGBT+, BAME, Neurodiversity and Disability.