Innovation is at the heart of everything we do at Meggitt, a worldwide leader in aerospace, defence and selected energy markets. We believe in our vision of 'Enabling the Extraordinary: To Fly, To Power, To Live". These core values - teamwork, integrity and excellence - are what have allowed us to become the company we are today. With facilities and over 10,000 employees worldwide, Meggitt draws on over 160 years of expertise to enhance the lives of people across the globe.
Through our Energy & Equipment division, Meggitt holds strong niche positions in energy, non-aerospace military and industrial equipment.
Expertise in this division ranges from heat exchangers used in off-shore gas processing to the design and manufacture of dynamic instrumentation for vibration, shock and pressure measurements. Our heat exchanger technology has not only enabled our customers to save weight, space, and money, but offer higher duties, smaller sizes, and greater integrity over conventional heat exchangers. We are a leading supplier of small-frame gas turbine actuation systems and fuel metering valves for the oil and gas and power generation sectors.
Our Defense Systems product group includes a wealth of expertise with products ranging from airborne decoy deployment systems to projectile tracking technology is another of our specialities. We produce tiny radar systems that are installed on drone aircraft to track incoming missiles or bullets, reassuring aircrew and missile manufacturers that their weapons are working as advertised. Summary
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual to join our Polymers & Composites (MPC) family based at our Loughborough manufacturing site. The successful candidate will lead and manage the day to day production, planning and execution of the operations function to ensure on time delivery to Meggitt's customers, whilst aligning tasks within the Module and ensuring all company policies and procedures are adhered to. Responsible for production reorganisation, managing vendors, consultants and internal stakeholders. Core Responsibilities
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Accountable for all aspects of HSE guidelines and policies within the Module & business.
- Manage staff selection, performance, development and training processes to ensure team competencies and capabilities to reach business goals and expectations.
- Responsible to ensure quality standards are adhered to during the product life-cycle during the manufacturing process.
- Make sure delivery of each product within the Module to OTFIS & OTD.
- To provide leadership and support to the Module in order to achieve defined business goals and objectives.
- Coordinate and deliver safely all day to day operations.
- Manage customer priorities whilst maintaining satisfactory levels of efficiency within the Module.
- Achieve inventory levels in the Module in line with set targets and business goals and objectives.
What We Offer
- An experienced Production Supervisor/Manager who has experience working within Aerospace, Automotive or a fast-paced production environment where there is a high degree of customisation.
- Experience in delivering continuous improvement techniques e.g. A3's Documents, 6-Sigma is essential.
- Able to identify and resolve technical, operational and organisational problems.
- Experience in leading diverse teams is required.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills.
- Able to problem solve, perform root cause analysis and implement corrective actions.
Meggitt is proud to offer a competitive total rewards framework designed with our colleagues' health, wealth and well-being in mind to help our employees balance successful careers. Our competitive offer package will include:
- Flexible working policies or the ability to accrue time off in lieu or for some roles to earn overtime.
- Early finish on Fridays.
- Pension Scheme up to 10% company contribution.
- Employee Assistance Program for Health & Wellbeing.
- Employee Perkz - offering our employees discounts on a huge variety of goods and services.
- Income Protection.
- Employee Resource Groups.
- Volunteering day off.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, or sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. #LI-IB1