Joining our team means you're helping to deliver our vision - keeping the world flying with one of over 73,000 Meggitt-equipped aircraft taking off every second of every day; protecting countless lives with our technology, keeping those who put their lives at risk safer and ensuring that the lights stay on for millions of people worldwide.
We'll help shape your career and provide you with the right learning, development and growth opportunities; we're working hard to create a High Performance Culture where we live our Values of Teamwork, Integrity and Excellence Summary
The main responsibility of the position is to support the business and Manufacturing Engineering Manager (MEM) in terms of all related manufacturing engineering issues and concerns within the production module. Core Responsibilities
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Ensure that all manufacturing engineering activities are handled professionally and effectively, plus they are compliant with business processes and protocols.
- Investigate, review and facilitate technical solutions to product, process and/or application issues as and when identified.
- On request, conduct troubleshooting exercises of existing manufacturing products within the production environment.
- Support Quality with actions arising from the module material review board (MRB).
- Conduct investigations and collection of data relating to "Lean/improvement activity" regarding specific manufacturing products or processes.
- Design, create and manufacture simple process aids and fixtures.
- Support Manufacturing Risk Assessments within the business as and when requested.
- Provide effective engineering support for customer enquiries, complaints and corrective action requirements as and when requested.
- Provide a contribution to the company CI program & specific project work as required.
What We Offer
- Academic qualifications to HNC level within a relative engineering subject/ accredited Engineering Apprenticeship. Suitable industrial experience will also be considered.
- A good level of composite knowledge and problem solving techniques would be a significant advantage.
- Strong organisational, analytical and communication skills.
- A self-starter, with a proven ability for working with minimal supervision and taking ownership of driving activities through to completion.
- Good interpersonal skills that allow the ability to work as part of the wider operations team.
Meggitt is proud to offer a competitive total rewards framework designed with our colleagues' health, wealth and well-being in mind to help our employees balance a successful career. Our competitive offer package will include:
- Flexible working policies or the ability to accrue time off in lieu or for some roles to earn overtime.
- Early finish on a Friday.
- Pension Scheme up to 10% company contribution.
- Employee Assistance Program for Health & Wellbeing.
- Employee Perkz - offering our employees discounts on a huge variety of goods and services.
- Income Protection.
- Employee Resource Groups.
- Volunteering day off.
- On site restaurant offering subsidised food.
Meggitt are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to developing an inclusive and diverse working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and beliefs define who we are as a business. We strongly believe that building a culture of respect and appreciation, will give everyone the opportunity to recognise their full potential. #LI-IB1