Role: SOC Analyst
Rate: (£) £650 per day
CND are looking for an experienced SOC Analyst to provide monitoring cover within 12 hours shifts. We have been supporting this secure client since the inception of the SOC and we are now expanding the service to provide monitoring coverage as well as SOC Development. Ideally you will have experience as a Tier 2 SOC analyst, confidently using SIEM tools to respond to alarms and alerts that come in as well as tuning our false positives. You will also be involved in investigations into incidents and brought into the response process. The service will be offered on a 5-5-4 shift pattern, and 12 hour shifts. The role will not involved night shifts.
• Act as an escalation points for events of interest in the SIEM
• Work to tune the SIEM
• Escalate concerning alerts if necessary whilst acting as an escalation point if needed
• Ensure logs are captured from the necessary sources and work to improve coverage
• Assist the wider business in technical meetings if necessary
• Around 2 years experience working in a SOC role
• Able to conduct thorough and detailed analysis of events raised in the SIEM, ideally ArcSight
• Experience of MOD Systems would be beneficial
• Knowledge of onboarding log sources would be good
• Able to confidently identify events of interest and escalate appropriately
• Conduct technical conversations with non technical stakeholders
This role will be onsite given the environment. If you want to work with some excellent security professionals and see your efforts improving the SOC, please apply today.
To apply please send a CV and covering letter outlining your suitability, salary requirements and availability to CNDJobs@CNDLtd.com
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.
CND Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.