An engineer is required within the Desktop Service team, you will have a comprehensive understanding of 2nd and 3rd line support engineering. You will investigate and resolve complex incidents/problems, analysing incident trends to enable proactive support and enhance the day-to-day end user Desktop experience. You will work both individually and as part of a team on both infrastructure support and project-based activities.
You will play a key part in the design, build and configuration of Windows operating system images for the provision of various IT projects and updates to existing systems. You will ensure builds are secure by design.
• Manage and configure endpoint devices.
• Configure, deploy, and manage operating system images and applications.
• Ensure procedures are documented, reviewed, and maintained.
• Provide technical 3rd line support for the technologies your team are responsible for (e.g. Windows client Operating Systems)
• Deploy application updates, patches, and service packs to meet corporate SLA’s
• Maintain relationships with external suppliers and work with internal suppliers where there is an interface with the Desktop Service.
• Collaborate with partners in the development of a future, shared Desktop and build a network of contacts across our partners to share experiences.
• Subject Matter Expert for desktop lockdowns and security requirements, providing advice and support to the other engineering teams.
Essential Technical Skills
• Comprehensive understanding of Windows 10 Image management and deployment. Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) and other deployment tools such as ADK, SCT and WDS.
• Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and its built-in security features.
• Proven experience configuring Active Directory Group Policy Objects, including AppLocker and Firewall Implementations
• Previous experience configuring and applying local group policy for non-domain joined desktops.
• Scripting in PowerShell to automate Windows admin and deployment tasks